Staying on Track

The trip to spring market seems to have thrown everything off kilter at the “Magic Cave of Life“.  Things were so hectic before I left . . just getting ready to go and finishing up some projects. But now, I’m back and I’m caught up on my sleep and my chores are done but I still seem to be running around in circles.  Get  this . . I haven’t cooked a single meal in 2 full days!  I haven’t made bread since I got back.  My family is going to replace me if I don’t do better!

I’m thinking about posting “plans for the day” on my posts each morning.  That might keep me accountable and more on track.  We’ll see . . that might work; might not work.

Here are my plans for today:

1.  Sew binding on a BIG, black quilt!

dsc06763

2.  Make 10 more orange blocks.  I have 18 or 19 made already.  Here’s 15 of them on the design wall. The design wall, as always, is a bit crowded.  Parts of 3 quilts on there.  I’m loving this orange quilt.

dsc06761

3.  Load a customer’s quilt on the longarm.

dsc06764

Think I can get all that done?  I know I can if I stay on focus and don’t go off and start some other projects.

sig

Comments

Mary Lea says

Judy, your orange and cream quilt is coming along nice. The other projects on your design wall look nice also.
    I don’t know how you do all you do…

Rona says

Wish that I could get half the amount of stuff done in a day that you do. Maybe the full time job gets in my way. You can get those things done. I know you can.

I love the orange! I’m sure the recipents are going to love it too. Any house for the chickens yet? I’m having chicken envy!

I love how the orange and cream looks. It’s quite pretty. Good to see the chicken coop is coming along as well.

OOO La La I love the orange.. I know how you feel about running around in circles after market. I’ve been doing the same thing. I’ve got my list for today and if I can stay focused….IF IF IF……….

Pat

• 5.1

Today was the first day I woke up early without the alarm so I figured I’m about to get caught up on rest. Good luck getting things done at your house.

Pam says

Quilt projects. Thanks for sharing The orange pops next to the blue. Maybe that’s a good name for it “Orange Pops.”
    I’m off to pick up new eyeglasses and my sewing machine which went to the hopsital.
    Have fun.

Katie says

I should have known the real thing would be better than the design. I love it even more now! If the intended recipients don’t like it, you can send it my way and it will be well-loved for sure.

But wasn’t it just yesterday you were saying “can I do this?” Wow! Go Judy!!!

Love the orange quilt. I’m drawn to square in square quilt patterns but yours is the best one I’ve seen. I would love to make it…hint hint…is this a pattern you might be selling? Glad to see the chicken coop is coming along.

Deb S says

I love the orange quilt – such a cheery quilt. I make a list nearly every day, and every night I carry over what I didn’t finish. I doubt there will ever be a day when I don’t have something to carry over …. it’d sorta be like not have any UFO’s – I can’t imagine that ?