Design Wall Monday – August 3, 2009

I’m so happy that I finally have something new on my design wall. Roses! I didn’t realize how sloppily I have them placed on the design wall til I saw the picture. I’ll do better and I think I’ll get them straightened out before I start sewing the blocks together.

DSC07704

What’s on your design wall?

Comments

Yea for Monday. This week I won’t get to do as much quilting. But have to share my new wall of SBS blocks done in 30’s fabrics. Only 12 so far. Mary C in WW

Jerzydeb says

I promised myself to have something new on my design wall each monday in August. I need 23 of these star blocks – so far I have 4 completed, and 4 in the works….

Love the roses – gave me a wonderful idea for a border for a garden quilt that is in the UFO pile….

Have a wonderful day 🙂

Those Roses look lovely Judy! I’ve just got a bunch of different things going on right now. It is fun, busy time! 🙂

How PRETTY!!! I need pretty and fun things right now to put a smile on my face…and this helped a lot!!! Thanks for posting those blocks (and I don’t think they are sloppily placed, either!)

Denise says

Several projects have come and gone from the design wall per last weeks blog posts but am working on some moon over the mountain swap blocks – one more row of blocks to frame and I can start sewing rows together!

Mary says

I didn’t actually do anything to this, but trim and get it ready for binding. I really like the way the quilting complements the quilt.

These are pretty!

Adam’s partially completed top is still on mine — I haven’t done any work on it since I was finishing up Lindsey’s quilt before our trip and have been distracted by hexagons since returning but I did get a HeartStrings quilt loaded and almost finished today so I made a little progress.

Those are beautiful blocks and I love the pink and don’t take this personally but I hate that pattern. Lol. The one time I had to make them for a sampler block they gave me fits and took way longer then needed. I could never get parts to work out and had to make 8 blocks when I only needed 4 and I ran out of material. I can’t tell you how many seams I had to rip out. Lol. Doesn’t everyone have a block like no matter how much they love it – they don’t have the ability to work it. Well this is my block. Have a wonderful week and I know the quilt you make using them will be beautiful.
    Dottie 😉

Ann says

Reading about your design wall has inspired me to get a quilt top that I have had on my design wall for OVER a year done! I loved the fabrics and the pattern but I had made so many mistakes on this top that I had to stop working on it.

But now thanks to you its done (mistakes and all) and ready to go to the long arm quilter!