Rose Top is Done

The rose top is finished, not quilted . . not even loaded on the longarm but that will happen very soon.  The border is a simple four patch made up of the fabrics used in the blocks.  The quilt will be something like 77″ x 96″.  The goal for today is to get it quilted.  I’d like to get the binding done but I have a couple of appointments that will take a few hours out of my day.  Always too much going on!

DSC07830

My next project is to finish this top.  Seems as though I’m missing a block.  Maybe it’s with the iPod! 🙂

DSC07831

I’m not going to spend much time looking for that missing block.  If I don’t find it, I’ll go on to something else.  There are plenty of UFO’s around here . . that’s for sure.

sig

Comments

K. Holt says

That rose quilt is lovely, I wish I could use the Electric Quilt like you do. Keep up the good work, love reading your blog.

Linda says

The rose quilt turned out so pretty. Love how all the colors play so well together.

That iPod has lots of playmates doesn’t it?

Denise says

Rose quilt is gorgeous. I think the kitty took the missing block so he’d have a blankie.

Kristin Farwig says

I love your rose quilt, Judy! And I love the borders. It is a very cheery quilt. Great job!

Krsitin F. in SC

P.S. I lived in St. Louis, MO for 26 years.

I love the rose top. When you said you were going to sash it I assumed with colored fabric. It is gorgeous with the white sashing!

Love the design of this quilt ! Will it become a pattern that you have for sale? I can see it in scrappy fabrics. Dreaming of a new project…..

Lydia says

Ooooh, I like that quilt! And the star quilt, even as blocks and sashing units, looks even better made up than it did as an EQ illustration — and it looked plenty good that way! I really like both things you’re showing in this post. But then, you seldom make something that I don’t like 😉

Oh Judy I love the rose quilt. I am finishing one with tulips only I don’t have the extra block. In fact I like both versions you showed. Great work

Christina D says

Hi Judy! What a lovely quilt, the colors are so vibrant. As always, you have the knack for whipping up beautiful quilts. Will you have the instructions available for this one?
    Have a great day, Christina D

Hi Judy. Your rose quilt is as bright and cheery as a flower garden alive with a beautiful array of colors after a springtime shower! Just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!
    Sew much fiber, sew little time!
    Hugs,