Shameless Self Promotion

I was surprised and thrilled and suddenly all the work seems so worth it.  I received this from AQS last week.

bookcover

It’s my new book and it’s scheduled to be available in early spring, 2010 and I can’t wait!  When it gets closer to the release date, I’ll begin taking pre-orders here or as always, you can encourage your favorite quilt shops to order the book.  You’ll be hearing more about it as spring draws near.

sig

Comments

WooHoo, Judy!!!! I love the cover and the colors! How many projects will there be? Have we seen any of them yet? Early 2010? OOOOHH!!! I don’t know if we can all wait.

• 1.1

Don’t know how many projects yet. I sent in 18 (I think) but once they get the layout done, they may not include them all because they have to keep the book in increments of a certain of pages — just the anatomy of a book.

Yes, you’ve seen a couple of the projects, though they may have different borders than previously seen versions.

You’ll have to wait! The alternatives are not good! 🙂

This is fabulous! Do you have any say on which projects stay or go? I hate to wish away the days but gosh, I might need to now. I can’t wait to get your new book!!!

Congratulations 🙂

I’ll be buying one. I was telling my friend about your blog and she was telling ME that you are a NAME quilter w/ books. I was so ashamed..didn’t know. I told her…can’t be..she loves chickens and cooks. But she was right and I’ve been educated. I want the book for sure.

• 7.1

I had to laugh at the response of Diann!!! I didn’t know that Judy was ‘famous’ either!!! but you know what, we all know Judy as a ‘real’ person, so her fame, has not gone to her head and that is what we love about her!! I love “she’s loves chickens and cooks”!! 🙂 perfect response!! And she’s got Chad and Vince and car problems and I love it!!! I’ve got my own “chad(s)” and a “Vince”, so lots of times I can relate.
      The real amazing thing is: she has chad/vince/chickens/cooks and keeps this blog going AND – Judy has A BRAND NEW BOOK COMING OUT IN THE NEW YEAR!!!!!!! Yeah Judy!!!!!
      Way to cool!!!! Thank-you for sharing your talents with us. And all the great stories. Just please don’t wish for winter anymore, kay??? thanks!!!

quilterbee says

I love your first book and I’m looking forward to buying this one too.

The cover quilt is wonderful.

Congratulations.

Quilterbee

Mary Jo Jones says

Congratulations Judy! You have so much talent to share with the quilting world…I will be looking forward to this book!

Pam says

Finally we get a hint of what is to be with book. Looking good. Can’t wait to see the finished product.
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donna says

You’re are more humble than I am, Judy! I couldn’t wait a week to share something like this! This is so exciting and I’m happy for you!

CYH (consider yourself hugged)

Sandy says

Way to go, Judy!!! I can’t wait for the book to come out either. Wait till I tell my friends about it. “Hey, I “know” a real quilter who has books published!”

I love the cover of the book, so bright and cheery. I will be telling my LQS to order this book, my friend Judy.

Helene says

Congratulations! I’ll definitely be getting in line for that one. Weekends are the only time my poor machine ever sees me.

Linda H says

Very attractive cover!
    Do you treat yourself when it’s done? You need to do that, I think. Something really neat.

Congrats! It must be so exciting to see your work published in a new book. All the hard word that goes into it and then FINALLY being able to actually see it. I’m jealous because I can’t see it right now! 🙂

While I haven’t made any quilts out of your first book, I have the fabric for Heat Wave and as soon as I get a chance to stop making baby quilts I plan to make the Heat Wave quilt. I can’t wait to see what will be in the next book and you can count on my pre-order! 🙂

Carol says

Isn’t this exciting! Congratulations! Would you consider signing the pre-orders? Imagine “knowing” a published quilter and having her signature! Can’t wait for the new book to be published but I’m not looking forward to winter. Hurricane Bill may have pushed up the temperature and humidity but please, don’t rush the seasons. I don’t know about you, but I’m not getting any younger!

Eve says

Congratulations!! You KNOW I love my copy of your first book, and I’ll be eagerly waiting to get my copy of this one, as well. I’m both excited for you and sooooo proud of you!! Eve

Robin says

Congratulations! I have seen your other book at a LQS -though I’m ashamed to admit that I haven’t bought it :(. It seems like I have too many patterns/ books and definitely not enough time ( or money) to even attempt the ones that have caught my eye so far but I guess that’s the case with all quilters.

Cindy says

OH, YAY!

What do you mean? They sent you a stinkin cover with no book under it?

LOL

I love the cover, it really jumps out at you!

Congratulations, you really worked hard on it and no, you didn’t neglect the blog at all. I doubt if very many people even knew you were working on it.

Me? I would have been all like, what do I do, what do I do, WHAT DO I DO??

Amy C says

How exciting! I look forward to reading it. You are such a good quilter. By the way, used your tips on binding this past week. Working much better for me.

Denise says

Congrats! Judy – I bet you’re very glad to be done with the long haul and can now sit back and wait to see that book in all it’s printed glory.

This is SO exciting! I think you need to fly out to Calif. and personally autograph a copy for me! 🙂 🙂

Congratulations!!!!!

dawn says

Love the look of the new book. All I want for Christmas is my two Judy books……..and signed please……..

LOL
    great job as always……. You are a way too cool mom, wife, chicken raiser, quilter, bookwriter………etc.
    Man I am tired just listing them.

Dawn in MA

Marla says

I have your first book and love it! I can’t wait to get your next one! Congratulations!!

Congratulations, Judy! I’ve heard it’s like giving birth to get a new book published, so were all of the “labor pains” worth it? 😉

Julie H. says

What a great cover.

P.S. I just saw another of your quilts on PBS an hour or so ago. How cool is that?

What an accolade to have a SECOND book published Judy. A second one means that you were a great success with the first one and you have loyal fans expected to purchase your second one. Lots of people have first books, but not second ones. So congratulations – I’m so excited for you! I think the cover was great and I’ll be waiting to order one. blessings, marlene