Design Wall Monday – August 31, 2009

Where did August go?  How can today possibly be the last day of August?  Is time passing terribly quickly for everyone or is it just me?

DSC08035

Here’s my design wall.  Doesn’t show you much but it’s going to be a cool quilt . . I hope.  There’s that Itty Bitty white dot again!

What’s on your design wall?  If there’s nothing . . hurry!  Get something up there.  Come on and play along with us!

Comments

Jerzydeb says

HEY ! We have the same blocks on our wall – except I cut mine up and made bento blocks out of them ! Pretty darn cool 🙂

I have linked you to what is on my design floor right now…….I”m happy with it so far. Your boxes are looking cute on your wall.

Mary says

What a happy colored quilt. We seem to have very similar tastes in fabric choices these day. Thanks for the opportunity to stay focused. I have to do something so I have something to share…what a motivator.

Hey Judy, Still lovin’ the design wall monday idea.
    It kinda stirs up the creative juices and keeps me motivated to
    finish up things!
    I also enjoy your reading your blog…………….
    who knew there was a “mother” in apple cider?

Bobbie says

I don’t have a design wall-no room for one in my sewing room–I have to use the guest bed to take a look. I WANT ONE. Looking on the bed is the pits. Hugs, Bobbie

I finished 4 quilts last week 1 to enter in a contest, 1 for a birthday, and 2 more for the local County Fair here in Walla Walla. I included a picture of my Quilt buddy’s SBS (Sylvia’s Bridal Sampler) Wall. My SBS walls haven’t changed much since last week. I was too busy with the tying an binding process. Is there such a thing as “Quilt lag”? I think I need a week off from quilting now!

My design wall is more in “motivate me to get stuff done so I can design more” mode! I keep putting up blocks so I can remember what piecing looks like:) I’m trying really hard to finish up my 2009 UFOs so I can start fresh next year! I really like all your bright quilts lately, Judy. And I am one of those people who take apple cider with mother in it when I feel a sore throat coming on. Works great!

No change from last week but hopefully by next Monday, the Diamond String blocks will be finished and assembled.

I’m hosting a virtual sew-in for HeartStrings on Labor Day weekend and my goal is to finish up that top — maybe even get it quilted.

In the meantime, I think I’ll do some quilting this week.

I’ve been getting the stuff on my design wall mostly done each week. This is such a great idea and helps me with deciedeing what project to work on next.
    I love your blocks.