Who am I to be telling you what to do? Just hear me out, ok?
It’s September! Eight months have passed since January 1. What did you say on January 1? Let me guess . . you said:
- I’m going to finish UFO’s
- I’m going to use my stash
- I’m going to get Christmas gifts done early
Did you say that? Am I psychic? 🙂
OK . . you said it. Whether you admit it or not, and if you didn’t say it . . you thought it! So, eight months have passed. Have you:
- Finished UFO’s
- Used the stash
- Gotten a jump on Christmas gifts?
Hey, these questions are for you . . not for me! But, just to be fair, here are my answers:
- I haven’t done a great job of finishing UFO’s. I’ve finished a couple but should have finished a dozen!
- I’ve used some stash but I’ve bought more fabric than I should have
- I haven’t even thought about Christmas gifts.
So, what are we going to do about all this? We have four months til the end of 2009. That’s only two months short of half a year. Here are some ways to finish off 2009 as a productive year. These are some things I’m going to do. Do them if you want. Tell us what you’re going to do . . if you want; or don’t tell us. The only person you have to answer to is yourself and if, on New Year’s Eve, 2009, you’re happy with what you’ve done and what you’ve accomplished, then I’m happy too!
- I’m not starting any new projects between now and the end of the year.
- I’m going to finish 8 projects between now and the end of the year. That may be as simple as finishing the binding. Things I’ve been putting off finishing because I don’t know what to do with them . . don’t matter any more . . they’ve been sitting around too long and I’m going to finish them and be done.
- I’m shopping the stash first. If I cannot find what I need in the stash, I will buy what I need to finish projects. I’m not nearly to the point of wasting time deciding what to do. If it isn’t in the stash and I need it . . I’m getting it but I’m not spending hours shopping online or browsing the quilt shops.
- Christmas gifts just aren’t going to be handmade this year. I’m not going to beat myself up about it . . it’s just not happening. Done! I can stop worrying about that.
If you’re kinda feeling stressed that you haven’t met your 2009 goals, my suggestion is to re-think your goals. The first eight months are past. We can’t go back to January 1, 2009 and re-do our goals but we can make the most of the remainder of the year.