Tomatoes & Basil

Do you know how much I love tomatoes and basil?  Either together or separately.

DSC08044

This is tomatoes, olive oil, basil and garlic to be roasted for a pizza.  Only problem is, when it comes out of the oven, it’s so good to spread it on crusty bread, with a little parmesan cheese . . yum!

DSC08045

A little bit of it made it to the pizza.  It’s pretty hard to eat pizza out after having homemade.  But, really . . who needs pizza when there’s basil, tomatoes and garlic all roasted together?

sig

Comments

Oh yeah! I have hubby completely spoiled with homemade pizza. We did this the other night, added red and green peppers and I had caramelized some sweet onions to add to the pizza.
    Again, I thank you for showing me the way. 😉

Oh and more good new–another UFO bites the dust. YeeHaw

Cheryl L says

I love a fresh salad of just sliced tomatoes topped w/sliced Fresh mozzarella, chopped fresh basil, salt and Olive oil! YUMMY!!!! I can make a meal just on this, it’s THAT good!

• 2.1

Beverly says

Have you tried pizza on the grill? It’s just great. Once I started making it I never want to order out either!

Nichole says

Looks so yummy. Would you mind sharing how long you roast them and at what temp? How about your pizza crust recipe – or is it already on here somewhere and I missed it? thanks Judy for sharing both quilts and recipes. I love both and have made several of your dishes and your quilt patterns!

bettina says

that pizza photo looks so yummy…..too bad i had cut out all flour products from my diet

will try eating your tomatoes and basil alone though

great blog

I do exactly the same thing Judy… LOL I even made a pizza tutorial about it! Tomato sauce just can’t compare to roasted tomatoes, yum yum!

Yeah but youse guys haven’t had NY pizza. Nobody makes it right outside of NY! Same with bagels and really good Italian bread-that’s got to come from Jerome Ave in the Bronx.