UFO #1 Done

Remember that I have 8 projects to get done before the end of the year.  I could probably do 8 projects by the end of the month if I set my mind to it.  I have that many quilts that just need binding.  Here’s the first. I’m debating with myself about the future for this quilt. I’ll share more of that later, maybe . . depending on what I do with it.

DSC08041

Bears in the Farmhouse – Done!  The binding was on but not sewn down.  Of course, I did it by machine.

DSC08042

Done!  Seven more to go.  I can do it!

sig

Comments

pdudgeon says

that looks like a fabulous quilt for Autumn. all those clear colors and the lovely gold to tie them together–great job!!

bettina says

you go girl….your making me look bad and i only have one to finish before the end of the year…..of course i am one of those that does one fully before starting another….

love the colors of the quilt keep those great ideas flowing

Love it! Yellow is my favorite color and this just speaks to me. I am sorry I wasn’t able to keep up with the sew along now.

Donna in KS says

I really like this quilt! I’m anxious to get mine completed and even more for you to see it. It did me good to realize this a.m. that you have just now FINISHED yours! LOL

Julie says

Judy: Your Bears in the Farmhouse quilt is beautiful. I am handquilting mine, and am ready to start quilting the borders today. Thanks for sharing with us – you give me so much incentive to finish those UFO’s!! Four completed in July, more to do, but Bears came to the forefront!!!

Julie says

This may be my favorite quilt yet! What else are you going to surprise us with? Congrats on getting one done!

I still think that this is a stunning quilt – perfect pattern for those stripes. 🙂 and I love your colors…

how about a future tutorial or youtube of how you did those mitered boarders?? 😉 I’ve never done that before..

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Lovely! Congrats!
    I especially like your border fabrics.
    Sure wish I had joined in the fun on this one…I’ve liked every one I have seen in blogland.

This has been one of my favorite of your quilts Judy. Have you posted about sewing binding down on the machine? If you have I missed it! blessings, marlene

I love this quilt. My version will be completed soon. Just needs binding stitched into place. I post a photo when it’s done. Thanks for hostessing the challenge. I enjoyed it so!

I was down to just 4 needing binding but am back up to 7. The machine stitched binding looks good but I’d just rather sit with Keith in the evening and stitch on it rather than do it by machine…I’m the same with the little bit of applique I do. I usually use fusible and then blanket stitch it by hand.