UFO #2

DSC08089

There’s another quilt on the machine that I don’t want to show you yet (think Quilt for an Hour!) so this one is kinda scrunched up but it’s the Rose quilt.  Done!  Finished!!  All it needed was the binding finished.  Six more to go.  I can do it!

Anyone else making progress on UFO’s you want finished before the end of the year?

sig

Comments

You are moving right along. Glad to hear the magic words “quilt for an hour”………… I am ready…………. At least I will be when I get the fabric requirements……….

Add me to the list with finishes planned for this year. 4 quilts that I *will* finish before December. 2 have hard deadlines (a Christmas gift and a donation for an auction) so I have to finish them. Fortunately all are at the quilting or binding stage.

Having continuing troubles with my newest machine (my Janome) and having to go back and forth to a back-up machine has me not in a very good sewing mood these days. *sigh* I love your rose quilt and can’t wait to see the quilt for an hour project. I guess I will have to bite the bullet and do it on my backup machine…regardless of the fact that it lacks a lot of the features I now use regularly (like needle up/down, automatic tension, etc.)

You can do it!
    I have a couple of UFO’s to finish for the guild quilt show in October.
    But will be ready to start my first ever QUilt for an Hour…looking forward to it!

Yes, I finished quilting a twin sized quilt on my sewing machine this weekend, plus 2 table toppers. I have several more tops to go but I want to finish quilting before I start piecing like mad. I am learning to machine quilt after years of hand quilting. I am really loving the look of my stippling/meandering.

Karla says

working hard to get one UFO done, I only need 12 more blocks and then I can put together. I have been working on two at a time.

I am totally motivated to finish stuff this week, in conjunction with general house cleaning-out (not actual cleaning, just thinning out the amount of stuff in it!). I have four small – less than 40×40 – blankets and a crocheted afghan on the list to finish this week – if I get it done, then I’ll be quite happy!

I love the bright colors in your quilt. I’ve been working on my machine quilting technique and as soon as I am comfortable with it, I’ll be working on finishing three UFOs. Learning how to machine quilt is not an easy task but I’m determined to learn how so I can get the projects finished. I could hand quilt them but I’m afraid it would take me too long.

Lydia says

I’m in the process of quilting 12 tops that I’ll then bind and send to Alycia (www.alyciaquilts.blogspot.com) for wounded service members. When I found her blog, I went through my stash of finished tops, and pulled out everything that fit her size criteria. But it took me a long time to get around to piecing backings and cutting batting. Now they’re all in the “getting quilted” stage. I tend to work assembly-line style for this kind of thing. I’ll quilt them all, then bind them all, and all of a sudden I’ll have finished 12 UFOs!! Then I’ll mail them all out to Colorado. I have some other things I’d also like to finish this year, but these quilts for Alycia’s project are the last things that are even a little bit time-bound. After that, I’m going to work on some of my own stuff, stuff with no deadline in particular. Heaven!

Norma says

Wow Judy, that is one beautiful quilt. So bright and cheerful. My friend Pat and I have been busy making a large DP9 quilt in blacks/white with red center square for my niece’s husband who was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor in his leg last week. This was our 1st time to try this pattern – it’s pretty easy unless you sew the blocks together incorrectly after you quarter them, and then sew the 1st two rows together. Then it’s frogging time! That’s what happens when you get in a hurry. So it’s not on my design wall, but in my sewing room. I’m loving the way it’s turning out though. Don’t have a blog so I can’t send you a picture.

Your daily work sew inspires me to do more.

Jerzydeb says

Just love dropping by here everyday for a visit – keeps me inspired. And yes, I have knocked out one UFO – the binding is done on my butterfly quilt. Next up – a baby quilt – which I sandwiched last night – quilted this afternoon, and now just needs a binding attached. Maybe I can finish that today too !

Linda H says

So pretty!
    By the way, I keep forgetting to tell you that I switched from my zipper foot to the walking foot ala your tutorial and have had good success now with 3 bindings. Thank you again for that binding tutorial!

I have chosen one UFO and have definitely committed to finishing it as a Christmas gift for my sister-in-law. All the pieces are laid out, I just have to start sewing, probably after dinner tonight.

Becky I. says

Yep! I’m making progress. Got my UFO list out the other day and wa’ la’ I’m down to only two! I actually let myself practice a new technique yesterday to make a “mini” quilt. I think that I will use it as a doll quilt for one of my granddaughters. I don’t get as much sewing time as you do but I grab every single minute possible. Thanks for the encouragement to keep at it.