Week 37, 2009 Stash Report

Whew . . this one hurts.  Let’s just blurt it out and get it over with!  All that yardage added up to 50 yards.  It never seems like you’re getting that much when you’re doing it, does it?  One thing you have to say about me is that I can go for months without buying but when I buy . . well, I buy!

And the only reason I used anything is because I’m quilting a top now and used the backing fabric.

Used this Week: 5.50 yards
Used year to Date: 349.50 yards
Added this Week: 50 yards
Added Year to Date: 233.50 yards
Net Used for 2009: 116 yards

I will recover.  I will use a lot more fabric.  I hope I don’t go on a shopping binge again but dang . . it was fun!  🙂

Please share your stash report for this week.

Comments

pdudgeon says

LOL i’ve bought more than that at once, but the important thing is to have a plan for using it when you do.

And with Judy you just KNOW that it’s gonna be used!

When you look at your numbers, you didn’t do bad at all. When you look at that fabric you bought, you did awesome. Nice selection! Looks like you had a great trip!

Deb says

I am still impressed that you USED 350 yards!!! I think I have used 15. (And just bought 65 while on vacation!) And this is why I am not doing the report! I dont want to know!

Denise says

Way to go Judy! 🙂 Buying fabric is a pleasure and it shouldn’t always be denied. Besides – it could have been worse – you could have hit ALL the shops Elaine did!
    My pittance of fat quarters I bought at Quilt Expo this weekend are nothing in comparison.

I am quite familiar with how the fabric adds up without realizing it. I’m washing, folding and measuring the fabric a friend gave me as cast off (only took the stuff I liked and thought I would use), and she’s amazed at the yardage — I think I’m up to 58 yards and there is still more down stairs!

Marla says

When you are a quilter, you need supplies. Same as if you were a painter, you would need canvas and paints. It is just tools of your trade. You don’t have to justify it. Just enjoy! Isn’t it wonderful to have something like this in your life to justify it? Think of the people who don’t have a passion in their life.

Becky says

Hi Judy, I am so impressed by all the fabric that you must have. Where do you have the space to put it all? I am envious! I would love to see a pic of it all!