UFO #4

Saturday I finished the binding on the purple and green quilt, then loaded the smaller Big Star quilt.  It’s about 72″ x 90″.

DSC08139

I was determined to get it quilted before I went to bed.  And I did!

DSC08144

Sunday I was determined to get the binding done.  At one point I had an entire bolt of the purple fabric in the borders but I’ve used it on several quilts and was having to piece together little short strips to get enough of it for the binding.  It worked, with just a couple of inches to spare.  I don’t like cutting it that close.

DSC08144sm

It’s done!  I like this quilt a lot!  I like all quilts a lot though!

Four down, four to go to meet my goal of finishing 8 UFO’s before the end of the year.

sig

Comments

Penny says

You are doing so well finishing your UFOs. I love the vibrant colours you have used in this quilt. I think this design would work well with some hand dyes I have from a workshop I did, if only I had enough. Maybe I should get going and dye some more. The borders you design really frame your quilts well and have inspired me to make more of an effort to finish mine in a more interesting way.

• 1.1

This is a lovely quilt. I like the white background against the bold colors. The border is nice also. Adds interesst to the quilt

Gorgeous! Makes me want to run right upstairs and start making my own. Alas, I have a conference call for work (I work part-time), then take my 2-year-old daughter to a mom-and-tot gymnastics time, then do some shopping, feed her lunch, and get her down for a nap. THEN maybe I’ll get to go play with fabric!

I love checking your blog early in the morning – it’s usually such a bright and positive way to start the day!

Becky R says

Judy, do you play with EQ on a daily basis? That is what you use to design all your quilts, right?

Jerzydeb says

I think this is my favorite of your quilts (so far) I just love the bright colors – so cheery ! Perfect 🙂

Jean Foglein says

love this quilt – did you tell us how to make that border – sitting here trying to figure it out

You beat me getting your “Big Star” done. It is on my UFO to finish list still. I need to do the borders. Your quilt looks great! Done is best!!!