Hour #12

Here ya go!  The last step.  Thanks to all who have participated.  I hope you enjoyed it and will join me again for the next Quilt for an Hour project that will be coming as soon as I get the instructions written and tested.

Hour #12:

Dark Background:
8 – 3″ strips

Purple:
8 – 3-1/2″ strips

Step 1:  Sew the dark background strips to the sides, then to the top and bottom.  The sides should measure 3-1/2″ x 70-1/2″.  Top and bottom borders should measure 3-1/2″ x 58-1/2″.

Step 2:  Sew the purple strips to the sides, then to the top and bottom.  The sides should measure 3-1/2″ x 76-1/2″.  Top and bottom borders should measure 3-1/2″ x 62-1/2″.

Comments

Thank you for this lovely pattern, Judy. I have really enjoyed working on it. I’m only at Step 9 right now but working steadily along and really pleased with the look of it. 🙂

Thank you, thank you, thank you……..what fun I’ve had for the past 2 weeks spending time in my sewing room working on my fabulous quilt top. I am going to continue my QFAH project by making the backing from the left overs of the fat quarters so I can get it quilted before next weekend….
    I love the way mine is turning out. Again, thank you.

Regina B. says

Thank you so much Judy. It’s a fabulous quilt. I already have ideas for a second one for my little niece using alphabet blocks for the pieced border. The planning is so much fun! I have the alphabet–now to find just the right additional fabrics.

Maureen says

Thank you so much for this pattern, Judy! I have the quilt top hanging on my design wall, and I just love it!! Two more borders, and it is done!! Your generosity in offering these patterns is sooo much appreciated.

Hola amiga, le agradezco sinceramente este proyecto. Me esta resultando fácil,divertido y el resultado me deja conforme. Espero la proxima con muchas ganas.

Sharon says

Judy, thank you so much for doing this for us. I was doing so well and then my machine broke. I am catching back up and hope to have my top done this weekend. I am so glad I went ahead and did one because this pattern is way out of the box for me and I love how it looks. I also am thinking about making another one now that I know how easy it is to get one together.

Sharon says

I also wanted to say that I wish you hadn’t named it Freeze Frame because every time I come here and see that name I get that song stuck in my head!

Man I am behind. Having that baby last week put me back a few days. I am still making the squares for the border. I really want to be done by this weekend. Better get to work since the baby is sleeping and the 3 year old is planting stuff with grandma.

Amanda says

I have enjoyed following along with you on this quilt. I have it on the back burner as I am working on a quilt for my soon to be here 4th grandbaby. He’s due in December. Looking forward to making this one and will be following the next. I enjoy your work and excitement you have for it! Thank you for sharing your beautiful quilts and patterns with us all!

Sandy says

Wow, wow, wow. I am so glad I found your blog. I love this quilt and I know I have gotten in after the fact, but, I will be doing this quilt.
    I love the colors and the design. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with the rest of us.
    Looking forward to keeping up with your site.