The Kitchen Smells So Good!

We’ve gotten a bit spoiled around here with our homemade hamburger buns.  Tonight I’m grilling burgers and wanted to make buns so I made a triple loaf of dough and here’s the result:

DSC08375

If that’s not enough to make you drool, I’ll give you a closer view!  🙂

DSC08378

Cinnamon rolls (from the bread dough).  Some to stay home and some for the road trip.

DSC08377

Two loaves of bread and 5 hamburger buns (from the bread dough).

DSC08376

While I was at it, I made gingersnaps, pumpkin gingerbread and almond butter leaf loaves.

Now I must go sew or I’ll have an empty design wall to show you tomorrow!  🙁

sig

Comments

Sharie - Moss Bluff says

I do love cinnamon rolls. And I love home made bread, anything pumpkin and ……………… Think I should move to your house. 🙂

Sandy says

I can’t even show my husband this. He would say, “Why can’t you bake more like Judy?” Everything looks DELICIOUS!! Vince and Chad eat well.

Yummmm! Those look delicious.

I made Thanksgiving dinner today (turkey, sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie for Canadian Thanksgiving) and am trying to decide if I have the energy to get back into my sewing room.

peggy says

You are such domestic goddess! And more. Did you use the bread in 5 minutes a day recipe? I keep thinking I need to go back to bread baking from that book.

Darlene S says

OMG, I think there are two of you – one the quilter that sews all day and night and then her twin sister the baking diva. I live in Missouri, but no one I know does as many things in the kitchen as Judy. It must be because of Ruby, Smokey and the other lovely eggs they furnish her!! Dar

Cindy says

Omigod, I’m getting cinnamon rolls??? Bless your heart, I love cinnamon rolls. Wait – they don’t have raisins, do they? Well, if they do I can pick them out.

We have a microwave in the room, you gonna be cooking? What if I can talk them into a gas stove?

I’m gonna gain 20 pounds on this trip. Where do you want to eat first?

That pumpkin bread reminds me – Williams Sonoma has this really cool loaf pan with leaves and acorns in the shape. Is that what yours is? I can’t see. Looks like a spraddled gingerbread boy… it’s not obscene, is it?

Those are HUGE hamburger buns.

I bet I don’t shut up all the way to the city. I’ve been starved for conversation.

Yummo everything!!! I got canned pumpkin today, so I’m gearing up for your pumpkin-gingerbread recipe one day this week.
    Almond butter leaf loaves sound interesting (hint hint)
    Jeanne 🙂

Evelyn says

I like 1 big baking day a week – get it all done at once while I have everything out and then I only have to clean up 1X. The only trick is the timing with the oven temperature – usually I bake 1 thing at 1 temp. while I am waiting for the bread to rise since that bakes at a different temp. Looks yummy.

You Must be Wonder Woman! And Now Iam Jealous I cant quilt very well and I dont bake hardly anymore! But they all lok so Yummy!! Wish I lived closer to you! Have a wonderful week!