The Thought That Counts

They say it’s the thought that counts.  Not so sure about that!  First, I don’t like beer .. not even a little bit.  Second, I don’t like Chad drinking beer or wine or booze of any kind.  He’s almost 22 and I know it happens but he knows how I feel about it . . not that it changes how he feels about it though.

When he came home over he weekend, he brought me a  gift!

DSC08362

A bottle of “Old Speckled Hen” beer.  Such a nice gift . . I suppose.  Of all things “chicken” that I love, let’s just scratch beer off that list!

sig

Comments

I love it! When you have sons, you never know what “gift” they might bestow upon you! It is the thought that counts!

I Understand what you feel. I felt that way also. Lots of hugs and of course the ever ‘popular’ motherly warnings… lol … be encouraged that it seems the bottle hasn’t been opened!

Lynne in Hawaii says

Just keep it, unopened as a novelty item (another all things chicken item). It might be even better if you could figure a way to save JUST THE LABEL! Nice to know that you are in his thoughts when he is away from home.

I say if you don’t want to drink the beer, then it would be good to cook with. My DH always puts beer in his pot of chili and its good in stews too. Or you could bake it into bread or pizza dough.

Chad obviously knows how you feel about beer and he OBVIOUSLY got it because of the name. Don’t be so uptight and enjoy the gift! It will make a great conversation starter left in the right place!

pdudgeon says

ROTFLOL, now that’s amazing, and definitely funny.
    Save a place for it on the shelf in your quilting room. there may come a time when you need some…..inspiration!

Darlene S says

Judy, I have a great recipe for beer bread. Of course that would mean opening it and letting it go stale first! Shall I make you a copy? It is a funny name and I would definitely save the label for my “chicken scrapbook” if I had one.

What a prankster Chad is! I love the grin on his face! 🙂

I also think the beer would go well in something cooking related, but I would really be tempted to keep it for a memento….LOL Kids, gotta love their sense of humor!

Bari

KatieQ says

Judy,
    I noticed your son’s Ditch Plains sweat shirt. Does he surf? We summer on the East End of Long Island just down the road from Montauk. Ditch Plains is a primo surfing spot. There are also lots of great places to get a beer LOL.

Evelyn says

Isn’t there a recipe for beer bottle chicken or something like that? Seems like some marinades also use beer. You can put that to good use, I’m sure! Cheers! Evelyn