Design Wall Monday

This is what’s on my wall today.  These surely aren’t the colors I most often work with but I’m loving them.

DSC08409

Please share what’s on  your design wall and let’s hope Mr. Linky works correctly this week.

Comments

Looking forward to seeing your border treatment, Judy. I have stuff up this week that I’m designing. Part of me is hesitant to show my own designs and part of me thinks sharing is good for the community. What’s the consensus on sharing original designs – can one assume honesty and no copyright infringements? I hope so:) Thanks again for another inspiring Monday tour around blogland.

• 3.1

Not sure that one can assume honesty and respect for copyright. I show some designs and don’t show some designs. My feeling is that it doesn’t make a whole lot of difference. Those who are going to copy are going to do if they see your design in bits and pieces or if they see your design completely finished. My desire isn’t to design a quilt and keep it to myself. I’m always too excited to share and usually don’t wait til it’s finished. For quilts that will be in the books, I mostly wait to show them. For quilts to be in magazines, I’ve usually shown them along the way because most of the time, I don’t know a magazine is going to pick them up until they’re finished and have been shown.

It’s a call you must make.

I like the quilt you have on your wall. You have a wonderful talent for design. Thanks again Judy for sharing with us. I’ve posted a link for the Star BOM that you gave us last fall. I’m almost finished. The picture doesn’t show it but I do have it ready for borders now. It was supposed to have been a wedding gift last April. Oh well, maybe they will get it for Christmas, maybe not. We’ll see. The directions were amazingly accurate and went to gether well once I got down those 16th inch measurements! Thanks for challenging me to get outside of my box! It was fun!

That is a very nice set of blocks. This top is going to look stunning. I love those warm colours – looks very sophisticated to me.

Sometimes it’s good for you to work with colors you don’t normally work with . . .
    I think it’s going to be great . . . can’t wait to see it finished.

Denise says

Ohhh those are so MY colors – my favorite colors to wear and my favorite to quilt with. Loverly!

pdudgeon says

looks like another definite winner to me!
    for some reason when i see this, my mind immediately goes to a pantsuit made with these colors in ultrasuede. YUM!

pdudgeon says

p.s. the more i look at it the more i like it!
    so when do we get to make this as a Quilt for An Hour project????

I posted before I went to bed last night, and did the Mr Linky this morning. Hope you like the UFO I put on my WALL at home for this weeks inspiration. Even if I don’t work on it it’s better than a blank wall, right? Judy, who is this one for that isn’t in your colors??

I like those colors together also and do use them quite a bit!

My design wall has a new quilt I am starting that came from inspiration by a quilt made by Melinda in Georgia who also linked what is on her design wall today!

I love those colors too! Very interesting combination you put together there in that block. Looking forward to seeing what else you might add 🙂

Denise says

Late as usual but I finally got posted what’s on the design wall. Progress has been made since last week’s post. 🙂