1- 2-1/2″ strips (H)
9 – 1-1/2″ strips. Cut these into:
- 34 – 1-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ rectangles (E)
- 34 1-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ rectangles (F)
- 10 – 1-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ rectangles (Z) (Save these for later)
1 – 1-1/2″ strip (G)
4. Sew a 1-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ accent strip (E) to the top of the Step 3 units. Make 12 of the units shown on the left. Make 22 of the units shown on the right. Press seam allowances towards the (E) strip.
5. Add a 1-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ accent strip (F) to the sides as shown below. Make 12 of the units on the left and 22 of the units on the right. Set aside 10 of the 22 units to be used in the setting triangles. 12 of each will be used in the current block. Press seam allowances towards the (F) strip.
To make half a strip set, cut the strips in half along the fold line so instead of having a strip set the width of the fabric, you’ll have a strip set the width of half the fabric.
6. Sew a 1-1/2″ gold strip (G) to the top and bottom of a 2-1/2″ border fabric strip (H). Make 1/2 strip set. Press seam allowances towards border fabric strip. Cut into 6 – 2-1/2″ segments.