1 – 2-7/8″ strip. Cut into 14 – 2-7/8″ squares (R)
1 – 3-1/4″ strip. Cut into 1 – 3-1/4″ square (T). Save the rest of the strip. You’ll use it later.
4 – 1-1/2″ strips. Cut into 28 – 1-1/2″ x 5″ rectangles (S)
2 – 1-1/2″ strips. Cut into 14 – 1-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ rectangles (U) (4 will be used today, 10 tomorrow)
15. Cut the 2-7/8″ border fabric squares (R) on the diagonal once. Sew a strip from Step 1 to one side of the triangles as shown below. Make 14 of each of the units shown.
17. Sew these strips to the sides of the units from Step 15, paying attention to get the piece with the correct angle on the correct section. Make 14 of each.
18. Cut the 3-1/4″ border fabric square (T) on the diagonal twice so you have 4 triangles. Mark the center of the long edge of the triangle and the center of a 1-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ accent strip (U). Match the centers and sew together. Trim the edges of the accent strip so the two sides are at a 45° angle as shown.
19. Sew a unit from Step 18 to a 4-1/2″ square of each of the four colors (V). Make one for each color.
20. Sew a unit from Step 17 to each side of the four units from Step 19. These are the four corner units.
Hope you got all these steps done! 🙂