Today: 12/4/09

• Place an order for yarn and needles for a shawl.  It’s time I moved past just making socks.
  • Finish the borders on Loose Change – 3 done/4 to go.
  • Cook a chicken in the pressure cooker and start gumbo for Sunday.
  • Make Chili for tonight.
  • Trim and adding binding to Black Friday quilt.

DSC09205

The weather set me back this morning.  It was 14° and even though we knew it was going to be that cold, we  thought it would be warm enough inside the coop that their water wouldn’t freeze . . but it did.  I wish I had a big laundry room type sink with hot water in the garage.  I’m not about to bring the chickens’ watering can inside the house so I kept bringing hot water outside to get it cleaned out.  We’ll hook up the heater for their water this afternoon!

I’ll report in this evening and let you know if I got everything on my “to do list” done!

sig

Comments

Marilyn says

Lovin the quilt and the beautiful feathers! Your to-do list is certainly doable! I am knitting a shawl too, I need to get that finished!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Marilyn (IQuiltToo)

Have you seen the Maplewing shawl by Ann Hanson on her Knitspot site? When I move past socks (okay, I HAVE made a few scarves!) this is what I want to knit. It’s gorgeous! What shawl are you making?

“Make Chili for tonight”

MMMMmmm now that sounds good – I’m going to have to copy you and think of you over dinner tonight! 😉 I’ve not filled David in on all the Vince stories in a while.. hehehe

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

LOVE the colors and geometry in this quilt – I’m happy every time you post a picture of it! Did you draw it in EQ? I’m curious what it would have looked like if you only used black in the light squares, and not in one of the dark squares. Either way, it’s such a striking color and geometry that it really appeals to me.

Karla says

36 degrees in texas expecting snow flurries. Can you imagine crazy texans on the roads????? Oh my….

Rona says

Can I follow you around for a week to figure out how you manage to get as much done as you do? I guess part of my excuse is the 40 minutes each way and 9 hours at work that prohibits me from getting that much done. Was completely spoiled by the 4 day weekend and the amount of work I got done, quilting, piecing, making turkey and dressing, spending time with family and still getting a lot of stuff done.

Binding??? Scrappy or black? Inquiring minds need to know. I love this quilt.

I’m working on socks for me and a scarf for granddaughter…using up some my bits of yarn–any 10 year old will love it! Heck I love it. 😉

Julie H. says

In the winter, I use disposable watering containers for the chickens (i.e. cut-off gallon milk jugs.) Just re-fill with warm water a couple of times a day. It’s too much hassle trying to keep a regular waterer thawed. You might boost their calories by slipping them some warm milk too. Old timers even advocate supplementing with a little cod liver oil.

The quilt looks great.

Stay warm.
    Julie H.

Becky R says

I really like how you did the borders. That’s making good use of the rest of the fabrics used in constructing the top. I have signed up for a 2 day class to learn EQ6 in March at a quilt show in Burbank, CA.
    Looking at what you create with this software is very interesting.