Stash Report

It’s Week 1.  Glad to have as many of you as are willing to report . . for however many weeks you’re willing to keep up with us.

I’m so fired up about busting this stash and I think this is the year I’m going to succeed.

Even though part of the past week was in 2009, it still counts on the Week #1 report since we only report on Sundays.  Here’s mine:

Used this Week:  31.50 yards
Used year to Date: 31.50 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 0 yards
Net Used for 2010:  31.50 yards

And, here’s my spreadsheet info to prove it!  🙂

Please share with us your report.  Don’t forget to post your link to a specific blog post and not to your main blog.  Good luck busting the stash in 2010.

Comments

Congratulations on starting the year so well!! And the Laurel Burch fabric–I just bought some to make a pillowcase for a little boy who loves dark purple and animals! Good luck on your goals, I enjoy your posts. (And I too want a house without carpeting!)

You’re rocking and rolling this week! What a great start to the new year! I just remember that Road to CA is this month. No fabric purchases planned! Wish you could be here! Next year?

• 3.1

I’d love to come again. January is just such a rough month with all the snow and the drive to KC for the airport and Vince having to deal with the chickens and Speck if I’m gone. We’ll see.

Sharie - Moss Bluff says

I am brain-dead this early in the morning. I tried to enter the URL twice – it would not work. Finally discovered that I had capitilized the J in Jan. It will not work that way, it must be a lower-case letter. I don’t know if you can delete the entries that won’t work. Sorry to everyone. I will know better the next time (I hope).

Deb says

Well My first official post is posted. 🙂

All I have done this week is organize my fabric and cut scraps. I was given several large garbage bags of scraps several months ago, and they have been sitting in my room taking up space. I decided I needed to do something with them. so have spent this weekiend trimming up odball ends, and cutting strips for a coin quilt. I think I have enough strips for at least 3 to 3 entire quilts.

I’m joining in again! I love the inspiration ya’ll give me to use it up! I didn’t have a great stash busting week but that is okay. I saw the post about the pillowcases and hope to start making those on the side and using up those novelty fabrics I have been holding onto.
    Judy … you had a great week! Thanks for offering this to us again this year!

Feels like getting back to normal [whatever that is!] signing up for the stash report again… my aim this year is to get past July.. all I managed to do last year before stash reporting fell apart!
    Like Judy I have an excel spreadsheet set up to use for my information on stash busting, but no idea how to put it on my blog!
    Happy New Year everybody
    Happy Room Diana

My first stash report ever – and right now it is kind of painless. Let’s hope it stays this way throughout the year… Thanks for hosting it!

June Piper-Brandon says

Congratulations on using up so much stash in the first week of the New Year. I’m burning through scraps this week and I’m almost finished a scrap quilt. It’s going to be 45 x 60. I used the Bright Hope’s block. I was just going to give my friend a quilt from my stash but this block is symbolic. She was diagnosed with Mercurial Cancer last week, the lump is on her face right below her eye. And, she’s scared to death. I am making this quilt for her, to give her hope and wrap herself in love while she is undergoing treatment. I have a whole box of 2.5″ strips that I make into this block and make charity quilts from them when I’m feeling like mindless quilting. I’ve been donating them to the VA Hospital, House of Ruth, the church that hosts our guild meeting and other places. The block goes together quickly and easily and is great for mindless quilting. I’ll use yardage for the back. And, it will all come from my stash!! I’ll have to make some more quilts though since my scrap box is getting low.

I’m all about using it in 2010. I really would like to use more of what I already have and not impulse fabric buying. I’m bad about that!

You sure did have a great start for 2010!

My goal for 2010 is to sew and quilt all of my purchased quilt kits. Got one cut this morning, and will post when I have finished.

Kits cut: 1
    Kits finished: 0
    Used this Week: 3.50 yards
    Used year to Date: 3.50 yards
    Added this Week: 0 yards
    Added Year to Date: 0 yards
    Net Used for 2010: 3.50 yards

Joined you for this year after watching Jill report for a year. I am hoping that I end up in the positive! At least I started off the year in the right direction and have plans for more busting this week.

Rebecca Muir MacKellar says

I decided last year to see how long I would not buy any fabric. I am happy to say that I have lasted more than a year. The last time I bought any fabric of any kind was January 2, 2009. I still have a large stash and it has been fun to try to figure things out. I plan to go as long as I can, does anyone want to join me? Happy New Year!

I’m joining in!!

Wow – I’m impressed with what you’ve already used so far this year! Afraid I only have purchases to report for the first week. And lots more that will arrive on my doorstep this next week (a little after-Christmas shopping for myself.)

Just thought I would join in and try to keep on track this year. I used 52.5 yards. Pillow cases and a fleece blanket.

I am so inspired by what I have seen so far. I want to be able to share what I hope to accomplish in 2010 with such a fun group of ladies.

Wow! I can’t believe how many quilters are doing the stash busting thing this year. I wonder how many will last the year? I think it’s a great that you are hosting this again and it was fun keeping track last year. I’m really very aware about how much fabric I buy and how much I don’t use from my stash. I’m hoping to do better this year.

Darlene S says

I am joining the Stash Busting group this year for the first time. I don’t have a blog, but will post my progress in the reply section of the post. I too made a spread sheet like Judy’s, but my first week is slow. Judy inspired me to make up a couple of pillowcases that were sitting on my stash shelves. So my first week used stash is 2 yards (plus an itty bit for the highlight flange on each. Hope to do better next week. Thanks Dar

Karen - southern CA says

I also don’t have my own blog but will be posting my stashbusting efforts weekly.

Used this week – 1 yard

Added this week 5.25 yards ( but they were tone on tones – 50% off)

Net used 2010 – 4.25 yards but it will get better but I am determined to turn it to the
    positive

Sharon R says

OMG – this blog is the perfect motivator for me since I have made up my mind to use and organize my stash this year.! I set up my speadsheet and will add it to my blog as well.

Thank you so much!!

I had already posted my plan to bust my stash and a challenge (for anyone who stopped by my blog) to finish UFOs! So when I stumbled across your website and this Stash Busting party, well, I knew I had to sign up!
    I have no real idea how many yards of fabric I have. Honestly, I am pretty darn sure it is over 1000 yards. Well over. But for purposes of reporting, I will use 1000 yards as my starting inventory.
    So, nothing in or out yet this week. But I have finished 3 quilt tops that I had squirreled away! Child size, nothing huge. I just need to baste, quilt and bind now!

Tamara says

I too decided to join this year. I am wondering when do you get to count is as busted out of your stash? I’m guess when the top is completed. I did finish a ufo tonight and cut out a “Designer” Grocery Bag. If I use a pattern to make something and use my stash, I’m going to count up what the pattern says to buy.

This week:
    In – 0
    Use -0

I’m joining in this year…my fabric purchasing went overboard last year and I WILL do better this year…hoping accountability will be what it takes 🙂

I found my way here from a friend of a friend of a friend (can’t remember the exact route). Great idea! Love it. I am going to keep track of my purchases/uses as well. I like that some of doing the same with kits. I have a ton of those too.