Finish #2

My second finish for 2010. A version of it will be in Weekend Quilts.  It has a neat pieced border in the book.  This one is going to Alycia to be used as QOV.

Nice to have this one done! It was definitely in the UFO category and because everything was already done except for finishing the binding, no part of this was added into my 2010 stashbusting numbers.  But, it was all made from the stash . . just done in 2009 (or was it 2008?).

Comments

Wow! It’s beautiful.

But there is no way that can be done in a weekend. I would live to make that in black, white and BRIGHTS,

pdudgeon says

yep, beautiful as always, Judy.
    I remember when we did this one, and i’m glad to see that it will be in your new book!

Mary Bethq says

How many hours do you have in your day?? That quilt is a beauty. And I agree with Linda, when does your next book come out? You know, Rod has decided he wants to make our own jucie and grind our own flour and make homemade bread….I am trying to keep him away from your blog. You will make me look very, very bad.

Christina D says

Thank you Judy for sharing your quilts and life with us. This quilt is beautiful!
    They always are!

Donna in KS says

You know, I have all my blocks made for this quilt. I’ll get back to it soon!! I too pulled everything for it from my stash, as I did for the Bears in a Farmhouse, which became Pause in my Tulips at my house. I thank you for that encouragement, Judy, as well as the patterns and instruction.

Judy, I love this quilt! Ernie even likes it 🙂 I have one question though and it’s about the quilting…how do you quilt the baptist fan on your longarm??? Do you mark it or is there a ruler? Where do you start marking from? I’ve only made one quilt using this quilting pattern and I made my own template, marked it and quilted by hand. I don’t remember how I got started…seems like you would need to mark from the bottom and build up.