Stash Report Sunday

Last week we had 73 stash reports.  If this year is anything like the last year, we’ll lose a few each week.  If you’re committed to busting your stash, don’t let one of those “fall aways” be you!  Say you’re going to do it every week and do it . . simple as that!  I know you can successfully bust your stash if you decide you’re going to do it!

I had another great week!

Used this Week:  21 yards
Used year to Date: 53.50 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 0 yards
Net Used for 2010:  53.50 yards

And here’s my spreadsheet to prove it!

How’d you do this week?  Please share a link to your blog post — not to your main blog.  Links to main blogs are deleted.  Thanks!

Comments

Tamara says

I started and finished a class sample totally from my stash!!! It’s a tote bag so not a lot of yardage but it’s better than adding.

Used this Week: 3 yards
    Used year to Date: 3 yards
    Added this Week: 0 yards
    Added Year to Date: 0 yards
    Net Used for 2010: 3 yards

I plan on being on track this year but sometimes life gets in the way and I can’t help it. I had a good week but you had a fantastic week.

I hope to continue posting all through the year, but it will depend on if my hotels have internet service during quilt show months!

Ann says

Just found your blog site and really enjoy it! Trapped indoors during this cold weather, I just pieced a Blooming Nine Patch from my stash. It is a great stash buster. I used to buy larger cuts of fabric than now and it feels great to purge productively.

I also have a small flock of 3 chickens and can totally relate to your chicken adventures! Our temps in Tennessee have been in the teens and below at night. I ran a a shop light to help boost the inside temp, but still worried about them. My small coop is moved around regularly to give them fresh grass, so I moved it into the garage for the duration. Guess I like my chickens better than my car! I bed in pine shavings but the alfalfa is a great idea that I am going to look into. Maybe some horsey friends will sell a bale. My Americauna has always been the bottom bird (but she holds her head high and is the tallest) and has been getting the feathers under her chin pecked out by her “girl friends?” I read on the internet that vicks vapor rub spread on the bare spot will discourage pecking also. Guess the others don’t like the smell or taste. Had some so I am trying it now. This bird has a slight lingering cough from a respiratory problem I treated about a month ago, maybe the vicks will help her breath easier too!

I have also noticed that any time I seperate a bird who may be sick for a few days, she gets abused by the others when she is reintroduced. Hope the distracting toys help prevent this for your birds.

Love your blog!

Ann

Fabric Used in 2010

Used this Week: 0 yards
    Used year to Date: -6.5 yards
    Added this Week: 0 yards
    Added Year to Date: 0 yards
    Net Used for 2010: -6.5 yards

Doubtful I’ll use any this week either – going in for foot surgery tomorrow – so will have settle for hand quilting I suppose. Sigh.

I made a set of 6 quilted place mats for my mom, most of which came from my stash. The fabric in was some blenders I needed.

Fabric Used in 2010

Used this Week: 4.25 yards
    Used year to Date: 4.25 yards
    Added this Week: 9.5 yards
    Added Year to Date: 9.5 yards
    Net Used for 2010: 5.25 yards

I know I’ll track all year – it was so motivational to me and I’m really pleased with my results. The bigger question is whether I’ll manage to post it each week – I’ve decided that I need to write my post Saturday night, because Sunday morning is too crazy with church and then the day gets away from me!

Anyway – I was wondering if you know whether there is any way to open all of the links to stash reports at once, rather than clicking on each individual link? Might be a stretch but I thought I’d ask!

KatieQ says

I’m jealous of how much fabric you have used. I’m determined to get on track and bust some stash. Almost all of the 7.25 yards I bought this week is already targeted for projects that are well under way.

Well, I made it for week 2 and hope I will stick with it for many weeks to come. Thanks for hosting it! The report made me start my (q-frame) leaders that have been hangin’ out for far too long, but I needed a balance to offset my purchase…

Becky says

Hello, how is your chicken? I continue to not buy fabric. I have lasted since January 2 2009! I should keep track of what I am using too. The drawers are able to close now!

Denise says

Well there was a purchase this week but what I used outweighed it so I’m still 10 yards to the good. You had a fantastic week Judy.

Darlene S says

Judy, I did not do as well as you, but I am still focusing on busting my stash. I am finishing up my selvage quilt. Almost have the binding done.

Here’s my report for week#2:
    Used this Week: 9.667yards
    Used year to Date: 11.917 yards
    Added this Week: 1.5 yards
    Added Year to Date: 1.5 yards
    Net Used for 2010: 8.167 yards

Dar

Julie H. says

Way to go Judy! What a great bunch of numbers. I think that beats some peoples yearly busts-not that it was a competition. I’ve found I only used 12-25 yards per month last year. I plan on doing much better this year.

Karen C says

You amaze me … in a good way. Your weekly reports are monthly hopefuls for me. Gotta keep reminding myself ….. baby steps, baby steps.

Thanks for doing this again this year. I fell off the wagon early last year and boy was that a mistake.

So sorry about the double entry. I had toddler help with the entry button!

I had been looking for the site that had the stash reports. Whoo Hoo! Thanks for encouraging us to clean out our fabric hoard.