An OK Sock

The yarn I mentioned a day or so ago that I didn’t like . . it isn’t so bad.  I used a larger needle (size 3) than what I had used when I knitted another skein of this yarn and it worked out much better.  It’s a pretty thick sock and will be great for wearing with boots.  I’ll get the mate finished probably tomorrow.

There’s actually lot of yardage on these skeins and from the 3 skeins of this yarn, all different colored, I’ll be able to make a pair of scrappy socks . . can’t have too many ugly socks for wearing with the boots, right?

Comments

Becky I says

I’ve reached the age where warm/comfortable over rides ugly almost any day. Wear those socks with pride!!!!!

Sharie - Moss Bluff says

Actually, I think the sock looks pretty good. It should be cushy and if it keeps your feet warm, that is the most important.

Jeanie says

I liked the color before & after the sock was made. You are soooo much faster than I am. Takes me a wk to make a sock. I now do 2 at a time on circular needle, but takes 2 wks. Thought I would pickup some time, but no.

I liked the yarn, love the sock. It takes me a week to knit one sock but that’s ok. But I want you to hurry up and get knitting on that new yarn……..I want to see the green from the last batch you bought. 😉 No pressure.

So are you a convert to the “toe up” method? I’m just about to start knitting on my first pair of “real” socks… I’ve done one pair of slipper socks using worsted weight yarn, just to figure this out… they turned out OK, but not great (I made them a tad too short, working cuff down). I had not knitted since I was in 3rd grade until I made a couple of knitted caps this past year. I hated knitting then, but I am really enjoying it now.

I’m debating on cuff down or toes up… Do you have any advice for me??

Kat in Tamale Land

Denise ~ justquiltin says

I love the color – but then I love the muddy or greyed shades of colors more than brights these days. Now if you would have just made them a bit larger you could have sent them off to me.

Nice thing about boot socks is that they don’t have to match… they can be ugly or even (gasp!) different colors! Nice job, Judy.
    I just started socks thanks to your “Socktoberfest” challenge… I’m on my fourth pair; I’ve done “the good, the bad, and the ugly” (not necessarily in that order, mind you). Now I’m ready to be able to mindlessly knit while pretending to watch TV with Henry. All this TV and you get a pair of socks, too! What’s not to like?