Vince’s Quilt is Done

And, he said . . I like it but I wish it was longer!  I guess I should’ve made it one block longer but I didn’t!  It ended up 45″ x 57″.  And, it’s Finish #7 for 2010.

The backing is flannel with cute little chickens.

The next project . . I think these are the fabrics I’m going to use.

Yes, it looks boring here but in the EQ drawing, it looks great.  We will see! 🙂

Comments

Oooh, the new fabrics don’t look boring at all to me, they look wonderful! My mom would flip over those!

I like small quilts to snuggle with. Anything much bigger than about 60 x 60 I find I rarely use.

looks great. 7 finishes in 2010= 7 finishes in 3 weeks. FANTASTIC!!! I’ll be thrilled if I can get 4 finishes by the end of the month. I just might.

The quilt looks great. I do like it better with the borders. Can’t wait to see the magic you work with the next set of fabrics!

Sandra (Sandy Gail) says

The first “nap” quilt that I made for my husband, he too, said that it needed to be longer. Sooooo, I added another row after it was already quilted! I took off the binding on the bottom and sewed another row on a la quilt as you go method. The second “nap” quilt that I made for him was long enough for him to wrap it under his feet about 14 inches. He also likes his quilts really fluffy, so I go easy on the quilting. Believe me, these would never win at a quilt show, but he likes them.

Sandra (Sandy Gail) says

I just measured my husband’s “nap” quilt and it is 48″ X 77″. He’s 5’9″ tall and not very wide. He covers up with his “nap” quilt when he watches tv in his recliner.

• 5.1

I’m thinking about 48 x 65 would have been better but it’s done and that’s the way it’s going to stay. Maybe some day I’ll make him another one.

Alma says

After reading Judy’s blog for months and months, I now firmly believe that there has got to be more than ONE Judy!!!

Let’s face it–everyday she has a new quilt done or at least on her design wall,
    bakes her bread,
    travels to places with Vince,
    cares for Chad,
    prepares yummy meals-along with pictures for us all to see,
    Keeps up with 2 blogs, reads her email,
    answers her email,
    has a ghostsewer in each room (as in ghostwriter)
    ……………………..

Come on Judy—tell the truth….you are a twin- right?!
    clone?
    you never sleep at night!?
    You have more hours in the day than we do!?
    There just has to be something!!!!

Natalie says

LOVE the colors you have picked out — i was on a green kick, but now im all about blue too. vince is one lucky guy!

I love the quilt and the backing……you new choice of fabrics remind me of an early morning sunrise…..can’t wait to see what you’re planning.

Now, wait just a doggone minute…didn’t Vince have a complaint another time about a quilt you made for him and you blogged about it? I can’t recall his complaint that time….but I sure hope that other time the complaint wasn’t that it was too BIG!!! LOL

Lavina says

7 finishes…wow. I feel so proud to finish 5 in a year. I will just sit back and admire, though..

SheilaC says

I love the colors in this quilt, even if its not your favorite…. and I like to back my quilts in flannel too 🙂

SheilaC

carol c says

um dumb question here, cant you add to it?
    like they use to for mens whiskers? lol in the old days