Design Wall Monday – Jan. 25, 2010

If these Design Wall posts are meant to inspire, then mine is a big let down this week!

Kinda boring colors . . just a bunch of little squares.  It will turn out ok though . . EQ told me so!  🙂

Here’s one block that’s taped in front of my face so I can’t get it wrong while sewing.  I know . . I can get it wrong and I probably will!

What’s on your design wall? Link to a specific blog post please — not to your main blog!

Comments

Deb Myers says

I LIKE all your colors…not boring at all!! Gosh, I’m trying to think of the name of that block~ maybe it’s ME that has a
    block(age)…hmmm, “card” something…”playing card” maybe??
    Anxious to see where the quilt goes from here!! Happy Monday To You!!

You’re brave to chain piece these, Judy! I would need more than the block in front of me to keep things straight:) I have a small flannel board that I transfer my block pieces onto from my design wall to my sewing machine to keep things right. Then I grab my seam ripper because, well, I’m still human and have a tendency to flip my pieces when I put them under the needle! I like this block a lot. Looking forward to seeing the whole deck put together:)!

Judy, I KNEW you’d have something for the design wall today.
    Looks like you’ve got a great start on a new quilt. You’ll probably have it finished today!

Linda says

It’s a good job I don’t have a blog, the same thing has been on my design wall for at least 3 weeks. It is a work in progress…but I keep sewing other stuff!!

Becky I. says

Your blocks do look a little more like chicken tracks than card tricks but I do think your quilt will be awsome, they always are!!

Diane says

I can have a sample block up and I still manage to mess it up too. Thanks for sharing your mistakes–keeps me from beating myself up too much knowing I’m not the only one who does such things.

I have not the patience to make that block! I made it once for a baby quilt and thoroughly hated it by the end. Yours look so much nicer than mine did!

Looks like a fun quilt once again. You’re pretty tricky… I am sure you have a design in mind to make it different than just a ‘normal’ setting of Card Trick blocks.
    My “Design Wall” this week shows our new BOM for Guild in two color ways. Check it out and you can say which way you like in your comments. Thanks for your input.

Linda says

Your Card Trick block brought back memories. I made tons of patchwork pillows to sell at craft shows for about 14-15 yrs back in the “good old days.” Card Trick was one of the most popular patterns.

Sandy in Canada says

I really didn’t find your colour choices for fabric in yesterday’s post to be boring, but piecing them into Card Trick makes them even more exciting! You continue to amaze me, Judy.

I think it’s going to be fun to see your quilt come together.

FWIW, even though you can recognize the blocks on my design curtain (no walls in the itty bitty loft, so this is my compromise), I believe the blocks are going to look about 100 times better when they’ve been set with some plain alternate blocks.

carol c says

not let down

i finally got to sew today

i am 80% re set back up

i love your wall designs showing, i found a place to put one
    today , um when i can find the table cover packed away.lol

This is my first time posting on the design wall..I hope I did it right.
    Looking forward to seeing how your card trick blocks come out.