Frozen Fog

On Lime Green Kitchen –

It’s getting close to Mardi Gras  – time to start thinking about making that King Cake!

This time of year it isn’t unusual for us to have frozen fog, which is so beautiful . . as long as all one needs to do is walk around and take photos.  Along with the frozen fog often comes black ice, which makes for extremely dangerous driving conditions, as was the case Sunday night when we had driven to the dairy.

Tuesday night we again had frozen fog . . but we didn’t make a trip to the dairy.  Didn’t even think about making a trip to the dairy . . may never think about that again!  🙂

This is behind the chicken coop leading to the woods.

This is what was to be the garden last year.  Obviously we grew something . . weeds!

See how the snow/fog/ice forms on the barren branches.

Even on the weeds.

And even on the chicken wire.

And this . .

On my front porch, where there are two boards together with a space between . . this is a spider web . . covered in frozen fog.  Looking at it in this picture, the white stuff behind the spider web is the snow on the ground.  Isn’t that a weird picture!

Now . . I must get off the computer and go clean the spider webs from around my house!  🙂

Comments

Penny says

Beautiful pictures, especially loved the one of the chicken wire. I’m sooo glad I don’t have to be out in weather like that!

• 1.1

It’s hard to believe but you kinda get used to it. At Christmas when we had several days that temps were blow zero with wind chills in the -10 to -20 range, when it finally got to be in the +20 range, it seemed so warm!

• 2.1

You’re welcome! Having lived most of my life in southwest Louisiana and never seeing such sights, I love sharing my pictures, hoping someone will see them who otherwise would never see such things.

Linda (Petey) Fritchen says

Thank you for letting God use you to share his beauty!! Just the lift I needed to start another day. Really shows us that sometimes when we are down…just look around. Blessings.

• 3.1

When you really think about beauty, there’s always something outside that’s photoworthy. (I doubt that’s a word but you know what I mean . . I hope!) Sometimes it’s just a funny shaped or colored leaf or an ultra ugly bug but I never go out without a camera.

Awesome pictures! I like to think of spiderwebs as art. Esp. when they look like this. Now the ones inside the house…not so much. 😉

Pam says

Thanks Judy for sharing your pictures. The chicken wire picture is my favorite. Stay warm and stay safe.

Frozen frog?? OK that was what I read…and that you thought it was beautiful so back I went. Gorgeous pics. Thanks for sharing.

Jane says

Chicken wire pic is my favorite too…..would look nice framed in a barn/weathered wood frame……..thank you for the pictures!! :o) Beautiful….even the spider webs!!

WHAT! You are not dashing through the snow/ice/impossible driving conditions to get my book in the mail today??? Just kidding!! BEAUTIFUL photography today. I don’t think I have EVER seen frozen fog in real life (Do ya think perhaps it is because I live in LA???). I can only imagine how awesome this must look in real life.

Kat in Tamale Land

Wow – these are great pictures. We just don’t have that kind of weather in California (at least in my part of California). I’ve never heard of frozen fog! I am completely creeped out by spiders, but I am fascinated by the frozen spider web. It’s beautiful in its own way!

Bobbie says

Oh my word–Judy how many days or hours does it take for you to make the King Cake? It looks and sounds wonderful. The snow fog is so pretty. We just get the snow and ice, but it sure is pretty on the pine trees around here in Colorado. Hugs, Bobbie

Sandy Preslaqr says

Beautiful pics….could you take one of frozen frogs….that would be great! I would take some pics here but it would just be mud….love watching the birds at the bird feeder during this yucky weather…..

Bon says

Great pictures, Judy. We’ve had the frozen fog twice this winter. The first time I didn’t have a camera. The second time it was dark and I was on my way to work (no camera either).