Design Wall Monday – February 8, 2010

On my design wall are just borders.  It’s kinda like eating your dessert first to make the borders before making the top.  It’s probably against all rules of quilting to make the borders first but it works for me.

Wait til you see the rest of the quilt! 🙂

What’s on your design wall?

Comments

Bummer, I was expecting ‘roses’ on your wall…
    Staying up way too late counting pieces in the blocks of my SBS for the label on my big quilt. See my Blog to see how sidetracked I got this week.

Thank you for hosting once again the Monday design wall. It keeps me on my toes to get some quilting or planning done! Your intricate borders look great and are way beyond my abilities: I probably could sew them together, but to fit them, that would be a another issue… Looking forward to the completed quilt – Have a great week!

Hello all! I hope you don’t mind me butting in on the Design Wall post…I just put mine up this weekend, and I’m SO excited to finally have a way to see progress without having it cluttering up my sewing room! Thanks for the inspiration!

Borders first … umm?? The colors are very pretty, can’t wait to see the blocks 😀

I’ll be checking throughout the week to see if any blocks pop-up. Way to keep us in suspense!

Linda C says

You’re not the only one to do the borders first. I know an applique artist and teacher who always designs the frames for her applique, then figures out what to put inside..

Mister Linky does not appear for me, alas. The current entry for today’s Design Wall Monday can be found here:

• 9.1

Linda C says

Whoops! Of course right after this was posted, poof there it is! Added my link to the mister linky thingy..

Bobbie says

Judy-sorry this has no connection to Mr. Linky whatsoever—BUT-What about those Saints???? WHO DAT???
    I’m tickled pink!!! Hugs, Bobbie

Lizzy Hentze says

What???? There are rules for quilting????? Well who’da thunk it?
    Can open, worms everywhere!!! :-)))