Stash Report – February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine’s Day!  Hope you’re all feeling very loved today and making sure those around you are feeling loved . . today and every day!

Nothing in this week and a whole lot out.

Used this Week:  24.25 yards
Used year to Date: 155.75 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 0 yards
Net Used for 2010:  155.75 yards

And, here’s what I worked on from my spreadsheet:

Please share a link to your blog post.  Links to the main blog are deleted.  Thanks!

Comments

Betsy says

Hey, Judy! Didn’t you have something a few months ago that involved cleaning out and organizing stashes/sewing rooms? People posted “before” pictures and the goal was to have it done by January 1 and then post “after” pictures?

Great stash-busting!

Whoa, you are the scrap busting queen! One question – what do you do with the backing leftovers? You know, the 4-6″ of overhang on each side? Just curious. Hope you and Vince enjoy Valentine’s Day!!

• 4.1

I cut it off and trim it down to the largest possible squares or strips I can get. If it’s fabric I’ll use in my quilts (sometimes my backing fabrics are ugly), I’ll put them in the scrap boxes. If it’s ugly fabric, it goes in a drawer and I use those squares to make dog quilts.

Jane says

Happy Valentine’s Day to you too Judy! I owned a flowershop for several years and that ruined it for me!!! LOL I’m just thankful I don’t have to go in to work today and deal with all the men panicking at the last minute!!!! 😀

Denise says

Excellent busting Judy! One measly yard was used here since I’m in the midst of working on existing projects. But at least there was no more shopping!

Darlene S says

Great job Judy of using so much this week. My totals are not great — yet! I’m in the midst of piecing or starting to quilt some of my things, but won’t count the fabric as busted until they are finished. My week 7 totals:

Used this Week: 1.25 yards (pillowcase & 2 blocks)
    Used year to Date: 19.54yards
    Added this Week: 0 yards
    Added Year to Date: 3.25 yards
    Net Used for 2010: 16.29yards

Hope to have a better report next week. Dar