Big Truck and a Little Lady

Mom and I were at Wal-Mart today and there was this huge truck in the parking lot.  Then I looked and my mom was trying to get in it!

Somehow, I don’t think mom could ever have made it to get inside that truck.

Comments

Alison in UK says

The thing that tickles me about America is that the parking spaces are big enough for a truck like that LOL!

Lizzy Hentze says

I seriously thought that trucks like that only got driven at Monster Truck Rallies and the like. Are you telling me that people drive things like that on the road like a regular vehichle????? I am speechless, and let me tell you, that don’t happen too often (just ask my DH!).

Wouldn’t WE all be shocked if another classy ol gal with purse came by and hopped in and took off??

ohh my. thats a big one !

Carol says

Whoa momma! Luckily the rage to have your own monster truck has pretty much died out around here. .

I absolutely love that picture. I’ll have to share it with my DH because people often laugh at me because I am 5′ 3″ and drive a Ford Excursion. I’m not sure I could get my leg up that high. How fun!!!

Pam says

Good one. A sense of humor keeps you agile mentally and obviously she is agile physically.
    Go Mama!

What a fun photo! I’ve always wondered how people got in those… A running leap? A remote controlled step ladder? Climb up on beer cans? 🙂

That is a great photo. Judy, didn’t you teach your momma never climb into strangers truck, my mom would have done that too!!!!!!! At 86 and 4’9″ now that would be a hoot. Have fun with your folks

Cynthia H., El Cerrito, CA says

Ladies, it’s not just a Southern thang…(and I can say that–I have Southron credentials).

The guy across the street from me here has a “climb up into the driver’s seat” vehicle. He’s in his early 30s, to judge by looks, but might be late 30s. In any case, a guy who *should* have some sense. Right….

Last spring, I was weeding out by the street and, out of the corner of my eye, noticed some odd movement. I weed and do all my gardening w/o my glasses on so I can see close-up things; further away stuff is pretty blurry. I saw a blurred image of my neighbor trying to figure out just *how* to get into his own jitney with–yep–a broken left leg. Ski injury. (I asked.)

He managed to get into the driver’s seat by semi-launching himself with his crutches. It looked pretty tricky. All I can say is, If you’re gonna have one of these beasts, keep a regular car around Just In Case Something Goes Wrong. Not with the beast, but with you.

Kelly E says

Well I don’t have southern credentials – but I can 100% for certain say it’s not just a southern thing. Come visit Michigan – in the summer of course haha – and you’ll see LOTS of trucks like that. As a matter of fact, about 10 years or so ago I owned a truck like that. I’m 5 foot tall exactly. I kept a three step ladder with a rope tied to it behind the seat – so I could pull it up after me once I got in. Wow, I’m almost embarrassed to admit that now…..