More Packing

When you’re trying to use a huge amount of stash, you’re making a huge number of quilt tops, which have to be quilted and then they have to be bound.  But, you’re a quilter.  You already know that!

So, when you go out of town for an extended period, you take lots of quilts, 8 to be exact, along with all 8 bindings and you have a binding party . . even if you’re the only one in attendance!

Looking at all those brown and dark blue and black bindings, with the exception of the pink one, you’d never know I make bright quilts, huh?  These colors look kinda boring.

But what you didn’t know is that when you get there, your mom wants you to add the binding to a few of her quilts . . one of them requiring bias binding for curved edges.  Maybe this binding party will require a bottle of wine!  🙂

Comments

Danielle says

What a clever way to travel with bindings. I will definitely try that the next time I have to carry mine with me. Hope you enjoy your binding party and I know that I would have a glass a wine if I had that much to bind too!

Are those bindings taped on there so they don’t move around? (Or are they pinned in place?) Good idea when you have several. I”ve used an empty paper towel roll, but then…I rarely have that many bindings ready at once!

Oh! You Poor thing. I love everything else about quilting but I HATE binding. I do not know why. I just dred it.

Be sure and take time off to have fun on your trip.

Sharie - Moss Bluff says

I knew that there had to be a way to make binding more enjoyable, I forgot the wine. 🙂

Becky says

If you need hints on that curved binding give me a private post. I just bound 4 of them and have a 5th one to do.

Darlene S says

I love to do bindings. It’s so relaxing and I know I’m just about finished with the quilt. I’ll trade binding for marking a quilt… any takers?? 🙂 🙂