Finish #12

Anyone tired of seeing finished quilts yet?  Maybe yes . . since you’ve seen all these quilts through the process of making them.  All the ones I’m showing now just had the binding left to be done but they’re not finished til they’re finished . . and I’m getting them finished slowly but surely.

Here’s #12 for the year.

This one goes to the Houma guild to be donated to the children’s home.  This is a trial version of a quilt I did for Sew Batik for a line of their new batik last year.  It’s available on the AQS website.

Comments

Judy in Michigan says

This doesn’t look like your fabric but I like it very much. Are you using your machine technique to bind or by hand? Hope you are having a great time with your parents.

Diane says

I never get tired of seeing finishes. It it like lighting a fire under me to get some more finishes at my house. I appreciate how you donate so many quilts to so many charities. I donate through my guild from my previous home to the Linus group. My gola is always one a month but usually It is more like 5 a month…skip a few months…3 a month…I’m kind of scatter barined like that. The lady who runs the group says she doesn’t mind since we usually donate twice a year, it all works out.

Angie says

I never get tired of looking at your quilts! I like what you did with the pink in the border—twice. Lovely, and a departure from your normal color palette which is enjoyable too.

no! Keep those finishes coming as bad as it sounds, you give me incentive b/c I feel like a slacker when I see the finishes coming and I haven’t sewn more than a couple stitches! 😀

I love seeing your parade of finishes! Nice job.

Do you happen to have any yardage info on your peaches and dreams quilt?

• 6.1

Cynthia H., El Cerrito, CA says

My estimate for P&D yardage is 8.5 yards for the front. I got this number by multiplying 92 x 104 (finished size of the quilt). Converting to yards, this is approx. 6.6 yards. Add 25% for seam allowances (just a guess; you might need even more) and 8.3 is the result, so 8.5 seems like a good place to start. I’m not sure how to divide the total yardage up per color, but A Big Pile of Everything is where I’d start. 🙂

Becky R says

I liked this one too and finally located the pattern instructions at the ASQ site. Some year I’ll make it to the show at Paducah. Have been to Paducah on vacation a couple of times but it was during the show.
    Some day.

Carol says

No, absolutely not. I love looking at your quilts. They are very inspiring.

I’m new to your blog, btw. I’ve only been following it for a few weeks.

Cindy says

Yeah, we get real tired of seeing finished quilts. Uh huh. Because I have so many finished projects in MY life that it just bores me to tears to be forced to look at yours.

Idjit.

Sandy Gail (Sandra Neel Hutchins) says

This quilt is really pretty. The floral border makes it sing.

Carol says

It’s just so tiring to see one beautiful finished quilt after another. Yawn. I located your pattern at AQS (upper right hand corner > press the down arrow next to “site search” & click on “patterns”> type in “sew batik” and ta-da!). Thanks for the pattern. Simple blocks that make a beautiful quilt. Amazing.

This is a great quilt. Gosh, that floral border looks familiar! Could it be ….. good finish, Judy! You and Mom make an awesome binding team! 😉

Finishes are so absolutely, outstandling wonderful and I am enjoying yours vicariously since lately there have been so few of my own.

Pam says

I had to look it up on AQS and would never have guessed it was Hyde Park. So different. Amazing what colors do, but we quilters know that!

Thanks again.

Mary Jo says

I so love all you have completed lately. It really makes me want to get busy with my own UFO’s!