Stash Report – March 28, 2010

Nothing in this week, used a little.

Used this Week:  9.5 yards
Used year to Date: 197.5 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 36 yards
Net Used for 2010:  161.5 yards

How’d you do this week? Still committed to busting the stash? Getting harder as the year progresses? Starting to notice a dent in the stash?

Comments

Well done, Judy! You’ve used of *lot* of fabric so far this year! I had a good week and got to use up several floral fabrics from my stash that were still pretty but just not my favourites anymore. 🙂

Wow you have used a lot of fabric. I have a net used of 26 yards and even that relatively small amount I can see as I don’t have to jam the fabric on my shelves quite as much.

Kathie L.

Used a little? I too used 9.5 and I thought that was monumental. I find I am truly making a dent. In fact I have had to replenish my 30’s fabric. Maybe I should try using up stuff I am tired of.

About the only dent I see on my shelves is the half empty crate of Birthday FQs from the swap I’m hosting — and I don’t get to count those. April is the semi-annual bolt sale at my favorite quilt shop and I’m already planning my purchases. Backing and binding for a quilt I’m nearly finished – but only if there’s something on the clearance rack, or if I’ve finished the top before the end of the sale. Fabric for a class I’m taking in May and a length of muslin for my 30’s fabric Sylvia’s Bridal Fabric.

Commited? Yes!

Getting harder? It will when spring market happens!

Noticing a dent? No. I’m beginning to think there will never be any dents in my stash room. But hope springs eternal.

Look at your numbers! Wow, you’re making it happen! Good for you!

I agree with Penny: 9.5 is not a little – at least in my world, but that may just be us weekend warriors? Thanks for hosting the stash report – got to get my act & numbers together…

Darlene S says

Judy, your used totals for 3 months have already reached what I set as my goals for the year! Good going. I’m not giving up though. I had to hurry up this morning and make a pillowcase in order to use ANY this week. This reporting does help though. My excuse (again) I’ve been busy quilting for others so their UFO’s get finished. Dar in MO

My totals:
    Used this Week: 1yards
    Used year to Date: 32.04 yards
    Added this Week: 0 yards
    Added Year to Date: 8.25 yards

I’m still committed.

Been cleaning “Fabric room” donating, tossing, (oh Judy where is your trash can, I NEED it) lol
    I love you blog, you keep me moving.