Design Wall Monday – April 5, 2010

Here’s as far as I’ve gotten on this quilt.  A few blocks are close to being done but none are on the design wall now so  . . here’s what you get to see now . . which is something you’ve already seen. And a few stray half square triangles hiding over in the corner.

What’s on your design wall?

Comments

Mary says

Judy, I want to thank you again for having this opportunity to share. It helps keep me motivated and at least a bit focused on getting stuff done.

I love your borders on this quilt (actually every quilt) and have decided to adopt your method of making the border blocks first. Most of the time, I am just ready to finish a top after the center is done – so most of the time the borders are plain. I can’t wait to come home tonight and make some more border blocks!

Diane says

I too say ‘thanks again’ for the Design wall Monday I love seeing what everyone else is doing out there…:)

I don’t do complicated borders but I seem to have chosen a somewhat difficult sashing. Always something different, eh?

Your blocks look very modernistic or futuristic (?) – I like them very much and am trying to figure out which artist they remind me of!
    Thanks for hosting yet another design wall Monday – and keeping us on our toes and at our sewing machines. Have a great week!

Mary says

These borders are great but I could see them in a quilt as well.
    Did you make up this design? good colors too.

Balinda says

I finally got it all together on a Monday to be able to post. Yeah. I worked like crazy last night but not a lot to show for it. Soon the top will come together and then I will get a wow!

Judy,

I tried my link again and it worked. Sorry!
    I have been lurking here and enjoying the design walls for a while. Thank you to the entire group for sharing your talents with those of us hovering in cyberspace. Looking forward to being a part of the group.

Darlene S says

I finished quilting my blue jean/flannel quilt, but have no way to show it. One day I will have to create a blog I guess so I can show off what I get done. I love seeing everyone’s beautiful projects. Only problem is, they make me want to start another project. Dar

I absolutely love the borders and designs for the blocks that you come up with Judy! I’m saving up to buy my own EQ6…love it love it love it…~Nancy

Since I took the photo the flimsy is now being basted — I hope to have time to quilt it this weekend.