Stash Report – April 11, 2010

Not much sewing going on this week but nothing was added either.  Something I’d like to share . . the last few workshops I’ve taught, over half the participants were working from their stash and getting creative with what they were using to meet the fabric requirements.  It excites me that so many are learning to use what they have rather than buy new.

Used this Week:  0 yards
Used year to Date: 218.7.5 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 36 yards
Net Used for 2010:  182.75 yards

How’d you do this week?

Comments

15 weeks and I am still stash reporting, more or less successful though – thank you for keeping us all in line & on track!
    For some > 200 yards busted, I believe you can take a break for 1 week… just so the rest of us don’t feel so intimidated by your numbers 😉

I have been trying to catch up with you – but to no avail. I’m going to keep trying though!! If we were to add up all the fabric that has been used by stash busters this year the total would amaze us all!

I’m back! Still a bit of a cough and NO stamina but I’m improving and made it back to the sewing room last week. Finished a quilt; yeah!

Darlene S says

Judy, you are in good company with your stash report.
    Mine was the same as last week too. I’m working on quilting your wonderful pattern Topsy Turvy, but it’s going real slow for a number of reasons.
    My stash report remains the same as last week.
    Fabric used: none
    Fabric bought: none
    Used YTD : 37.04
    Bought YTD: 8.25.
    With Paducah coming up, I hope I can restrain myself from going wild on purchases of fabric. We’ll see. Dar

After listening to your lecture in Lafayette, I decided to put my stash on a diet. I needed more help so now I will follow your example and report how well or not so well I am doing. I have made a promise to myself that I would not buy fabric unless I needed it for a quilt. I hope that I will be as successful as you are. Thanks you for the inspiration…Oh, and I know that the BQ is a hard shop to walk out of w/o fabric.

It is so inspiring to see all that quilters have on their design wall. They are all wonderful. Thank you for this opportunity for sharing with others. Wish I had more to show more often.

Have a super great day.