Out of Town Food

One of the best things about traveling is I get to eat foods I can’t get in my little town.  I can get Taco Bell, McDonald’s, Hardee’s, Sonic and Subway so I’m not really complaining.  Yes, I am complaining!

A couple of weeks ago while in Arkansas, I was able to get fried calamari.

And sushi!

And crawfish  . . oh, wait!  Those were from my last trip to Louisiana.  I’m so dreaming about crawfish!

Comments

Ida says

Judy,

Near the park where Eleanor Burns has her tent city there is a pizza place … I think it’s called Pizza by the Pound … it’s a little bar/dive, but the pizza is DELISH!

I also had a spaghetti dinner (fundraiser) at the Broadway Methodist Church — it was Italian Night .. church members served, sang, played piano/organ, etc.

OH! And be sure to get the Strawberry Shortcake from the Boy Scouts!!!

But, I agree. I enjoy Sonic, and am rather glad that it is an hour and a half drive to the nearest one for me. 🙂 Same with Chick-fil-a … and Red Robin …. and Steak and Shake …

• 1.1

I don’t ever miss the strawberry shortcake. In fact, if I can sneak away from my friends, I might eat that twice! Maybe on the same day! 🙂 I’ve never been to that pizza place but I know where it is and people have recommended it before so I may have to check that out. I don’t like spaghetti so that won’t tempt me. I love Chick-Fil-A too and wish we had one closer. Red Robin and Steak & Shake won’t tempt be. We do have a Sonic in our little town!

Donna in KS says

I’ve been told (oldest son, good authority) that we have an EXCELLENT sushi place here. I will never know! But you come this way and I will take you there (I’ll wait outside, stitching in the car). However, he recently clued us into an outstanding local seafood establishment. Come on over and I’ll take you, almost a hole in the wall, but ohhhh, so good. We’re not that far away, Judy!

peggy says

My DH is on a severely restricted, low saturated fat diet, so when I travel—-give me FAT.

June Piper-Brandon says

Judy, you so need to come to Baltimore!! We have this great sushi buffet, at lunch it’s $7.49 for all you can eat and it is always packed so it’s fresh. Even Liam loves it. In addition to that we have at least 8 great quilt shops (it would take more than a day to visit them all), in November there’s a quilt shop hop and there are about 15 or so on the list, and I don’t think there are any big bridges to cross (oh wait, there’s one on the way to Cottonseed Glory).

pdudgeon says

i’m with you! i miss being able to get XLNT brand tamales and Corn King baccon. We had both when i was growing up in SO CA, and i haven’t found them anywhere else.