Paducah Purchases

Several people stopped me in Paducah and asked if I was buying only Dimples and I actually found no Dimples at all!

If you enlarge the photo, you’ll see some cool stripes, a couple of things I just loved even though they’re not something I’d normally buy.  The green apple fabric was so ugly, it was cute!  It’s the kind of fabric that if I don’t get it, I’ll wish I had.

I loved this fabric and wish they’d had more.  It will make great QOV backings.

This one will be a perfect backing for a quilt for Chad.

As far as other purchases, there were few:

KAI scissors, Lizzy B’s Chicken Chatter pattern, notecards and a pajama pants pattern by Paisley Pincushion were my few non-fabric purchases.  Other than the Creative Grids ruler that was a gift for renewing the AQS membership, that’s it!

Comments

Well Judy, the highlight of my trip to Paducah was meeting YOU! The quilts in Paducah were awesome, but the people I met there were the real treasures. Paducah is kind of like Disneyland for quilters. There is so much eye candy that it is hard to absorb it all. I actually had trouble sleeping the first night because I think I was in overwhelm. The ideas just kept coming. I can now see why quilters go back to Paducah year after year. I hope to return there again some day too.

What fun! I adore the patriotic stamp fabric – you are so right – perfect for QOV backings! I’m excited about starting my first one for QOV.

Which Creative Grids ruler did you get? I just bought the 60° Double-Strip ruler at a quilt show and am having such fun with Jaybirdquilts’ hexagon quilt-a-long!

Enjoy your new aquisitions and I’m looking forward to seeing all that you create with them!

I love the apple one!!!

Also, the Kai scissors! I have a pair of the shears just like those – and my dog (when she was a puppy) chewed the end of the larger part of the handle off. I love love love those scissors though and would buy another pair in a heartbeat! Love them more than my Ginghers!

Ah, I want to go to a quilt show and come home with a new stashpile like that!!!

Cindy From California says

Who makes the patriotic fabric?? I would love to order some!!

Thanks!

Cindy

Amy says

That apple fabric (& its red/pink counterpart) are rather popular in some quilting circles.

Carol says

That’s quite a departure from your tone-on-tone safety zone. Love it. I especially like the backwoods fabric.

Judy, I bought that same pattern for the lounging pants last year. It’s cute! Be careful when you get to the pocket directions, there was something backwards in the instructions but I don’t remember what — I ended up going to the website and going by the photos!! Have fun with it.