Stash Report – April 25, 2010

It could have been worse.  I would have bought more if we’d had more room in the car.  🙂   112 yards of fabric came home with me which dropped my net usage down below 100 yards but I’ll catch up.  There’s a chance I could still reach my goal if I stop sleeping, cooking, traveling . .

I got some really good fun fabrics and some really good basic tone on tone fabrics.  I’m very happy with my purchases.  I showed them all to Vince and I think he was so happy when I said “The End!’ that he didn’t even ask how many yards or how much $$.  I’ll have to remember that next time I’m shopping . . more may be better than less!  🙂

Used this Week:  6 yards
Used year to Date: 237.00 yards
Added this Week: 112 yards
Added Year to Date: 148 yards
Net Used for 2010: 89.00 yards

Surely your stash report is better than mine this week but watch out for next week!  🙂  Add a link to your direct post please!

Comments

Ya did good girl! Don’t look at it as an addition to your stash, but an investment, which draws a high interest rate. I made more pillowcases this week, which helped me get back on track!

Ooooohhhhhhh, aaaaaahhhhhhh, ooooooohhhhhhhhh!!

I love them all, but I LOVE that plaid!!! You are forcing me to go “looking”. What a fabulous selection you have!

oh my Lord! We had complete roll reversal. I intended to add substantially to my stash for future projects when I went Friday but ended up only purchasing 3 fat quarters, one small panel and a pre-made kit for a small wall-hanging which I kept saying I’d get “someday”.

well, I’ve no doubt you’ll get right back on track using it all up! 🙂

Oh that just made the rest of us feel sooo much better.
    You know Judy, nobody can be good and virtuous all the time – there are times when a girls just gotta have a little fun……And let’s face it better spend the money on fabric than drugs, drink or cigarettes. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!!!

• 7.1

That’s the way I think too! I could be doing a whole lot worse. Vince thinks I could be doing a whole lot better! 🙂

Judi says

nice variety. Sorry I missed you I did see Betty yesterday we are heading home this morning.

Wow! When you buy a fabric for stash how much do you usually buy? I’ve always been a fat quarter girl because I make mostly scrap quilts so I’ve wondered how normal people buy fabric.

I love the green apples!

Relief: you are human after all! I had my doubts there for a while 😉 Nice fabrics! And I know you will still reach your goal – YES, YOU CAN!
    Week 17 and at least some of us are still reporting – as always thanks for hosting the weekly stash report!

Well done on your purchases. I ordered a load of fabric this week, but I will not get it until I arrive in Wyoming, so I have not counted it yet! Is that cheating?
    Somehow I feel if it is not actually IN my stash it should not count.. plus I cannot remember how much I ordered!
    Happy Room Diana

• 13.1

Not cheating and if you’re lucky, you’ll forget that you even ordered it! 🙂 Not really . . we have to report our additions but it doesn’t matter when you do it.

• says

Hi Judy, I see my www site that this refers to has been deleted.. could this be because I had to put my complete blog site? The reason I had to do this is because the stash report is on my side bar and does not have it’s own www name.. this reads like gobbledy gook.. but hope you understand.. how can I overcome this without having to make the stash report a linked message?
        Think it’s time to go sew… Diana

Impressive! Looks like you took care of the Eleanor Burns tent pretty well. Can’t wait to see how these make it into your future quilts.

Cindy says

Ooooooh, that plaid is cute. I’m curious about that dark floral underneath it. That looks more like me than like you.

Kerri says

I recognize that bright multi color Blank Fabric, Island Breeze, I think. I have wanted that! I love brights.

You stepped out of your zone with the plaids and florals. These are not what you normally get but I’m interested to see how you’re going to use them. And 112 yards isn’t bad considering how fast you use it up.

laceflower says

My pitiful stash consists of fabric bought with a specific project in mind that somehow *G* didn’t get made. I was stunned to see the amount of fabric you bought – all that early year restraint just busted outta ya. See it couldn’t have been a good thing!
    Looking forward to seeing your new fabric in new quilts.

Lucky you, you went fabric shopping and found some. I went fabric shopping, couldn’t find what I needed, and will have to order some! Well, I know you go thru fabric fast, and did I see some–gasp–PRINTS in there??

YIKES….112 yards??? Whew……I’m guessing nobody else in the car bought much as where the heck would they have FIT it? LOL

I, too, love the plaid fabric. I think you had a great time in Paducah and will use every bit of it in gorgeous quilts! I stayed out of the fabric stores, but yarn for 5 pairs of socks arrived this week for me. Yarn busting next year??? Did you find any nice yarn shops in Paducah or along the way?

Well, I may not be BUSTING my stash as well as I want yet but I haven’t been buying as much fabric without a purpose since I started. I would be ahead if my sweet daughter wouldn’t bring me fabric. The BUSTING part will come soon enough. Living Green which is what we are all trying to do by using our stash is hard work.

I think Mr. Linky hates me. For the last 3 weeks I have posted to him, but an hour or two later my name is gone. Today I was #25, but I’m gone again. Why don’t you like me, Mr. Linky? I think you did really well not purchasing more…I would have!

Darlene S says

Judy, I’m impressed with your fabrics and control. We had room in our car if you had needed it. I was REAL good at not buying anything except for 2 baby panels and binding fabric. I’m going to make my stashbusting goals, even if it kills me!! And it is starting to make me a little crazy. I have to conserve because in May I’ll be tempted again in KC.
    Here’s my week 17 report. Dar

Used this Week: 0 yards
    Used year to Date: 47.5 yards
    Added this Week: 3 yards
    Added Year to Date: 18.5 yards
    Net Used for 2010: 29.00 yards

Denise says

Hmmm the stirpe, the plaid and that little flower – absolutely love those colors! You go girl! Now how many loads will it take to wash all that? 🙂

Evelyn says

Looks like some big backing pieces, so that yardage should be used up pretty quickly. And I just love a beautiful fabric for the backs of my quilts! I haven’t bought 1 piece of quilting fabric since Nov., so I’ve done good so far… now if I could just find the mojo to finish up some tops I could measure out and piece the backings… Cheers! Evelyn

I’m always amazed at how much you do. I thought I sewed lots, but nothing like you.
    I appreciate all you do for us.
    Thank you.

WOW – over 100 yards from Paducah! I wouldn’t know where to begin and what to do first! I’m heading to Dallas later this week for 8 days — there are a few shops on my list and a small quilt show in Arlington the weekend when I leave — i’m hitting that show after my teaching/class thing is over for the week!

Paducah is still on my list for one of these years! Loving the greens! All of them!

Wow! That is some shopping! But you do use fabric at a good rate, so you should be making good inroads into this soon.

I didn’t buy any fabric this week and made something very different. I am pretty pleased about the professional look of the end result – do come and see if you can guess what it is. 🙂