Design Wall Monday – April 26, 2010

It’s time to get cracking on finishing up some UFO.  All of my UFO boxes are full.  That’s not good!  There are so many projects I’d like to start but so many I need to complete so I grabbed a UFO box and began working on an old Stack & Whack® project.  This was started probably 5 years ago; I took it with me on our spring break trip last year and worked on it there but stuck it away when we returned home and it has sat untouched for over a year.  I will not stop til this project is finished . . quilted, bound and labeled!

What’s on your design wall?

Comments

I really love these blocks – LeMoyne star stack and whack. Did you save some of the blue for a border? Of course, I know that you will probably need about 4 of them

Good luck finishing your UFO. I’m always amazed at the things we don’t love in progress that look great when they are in a finished quilt. Some blue sashing strips with a border or two and you can cross it off the list

Deb Geyer says

Love the colors on your Stack & Whack® project!! And such interesting patterns.

You hit the jackpot; what’s not to love? Blue and yellow, stars, AND stack n whack. Hope we see the finish soon….I know we will meanwhile I am still stuck on my triangle madness. I’m ready to cut something new out but I’m not.

I ‘ditto’ Laurie’s sentiments. These stars are great! Can’t wait to see your border treatment. Have a great week everyone!

peggy says

I agree with everyone else. It will be a wonderful quilt, and I can’t wait to see what you do with these blocks and how many borders you use.

I agree with everyone! This is going to be fabulous. Can’t wait to see what you do. 🙂 I love Design Wall Monday!!!

I am trying yet again to link my “design wall “. Hopefully it will work. Love your SW—know it will be yet another masterpiece when completed!

My design wall hasn’t changed in 3 weeks now! aaargggg….. but I have about 400 yards of hand dyes made. lol

And the secondary design wall that I taped up, it fell down to the floor this weekend.

I think I need to start again with stronger tape! ;>)

This year I seem to just be making UFOs, not completing any. I better see a turn-around in my studio or I will have to buy lots and lots of UFO boxes. 😉

Diane says

Luv your stack and whack-why do we put away lovely quilts unfinished? oh yea, for other lovely quilts – I keep forgetting that!!
    have fun.

Susan in Kingston ON says

I’ve been enjoying your blog for a while now, and decided I’d like to play too! I finish lots of projects, but still need a little nudge now and again!
    Darn – now I have to add another Stack n Whack to my list!

Very pretty. Me, I’m addicted to stack-n-whack; have a lot of them started, some even made it to being tops. I need to pull those out too…you know when I find time. LOL

I love your UFO. Yellow and blue are such a pretty combination of colors. What a great summer quilt, I can’t wait to see it finished.

Finishing a UFO will ease your mind from the amount of stash you added last week. Is there something you bought that works with these blocks? I’m anxious to see what borders you put on this one. My Wall is back to the same project as 2 weeks ago. This week is Quilt show so I’ll be slower in finishing this project than normal.

Very cool blocks! I have never made a stack and whack…must try one some time as I like how these blocks turned out!

Angie says

Your stack n whack is beautiful! Certainly a project worth pursuing to the finish. I really like the colors. I’m looking forward to seeing what type of border you do on this lovely quilt.

I love your Stack and Whack. Can’t wait to see how you pull it all together. My design wall changed just a little this week. Last week I posted a flag tumbler block all laid out. This week I managed to get it sewn together. Yea! It progress and better than some weeks.

Blue and yellow-my favourite colours. I’ve never made a stack-n-whack because I haven’t really liked any of them that I have seen but I might have to change my mind after seeing your colour combination. Very nice!

Linda (petey) says

Too pretty to be hidden away. Love yellow and blue together. Looking forward to seeing the finished picture tomorrow!! 🙂

Love these stars. Blue and Yellow always make such beautiful quilts. Great you give these blocks a chance. Hugs – Ivani

Yellow & blue always works – good for you pulling out a UFO, and such a nice one! It deserves some attention – and if I am not mistaken it probably will get the most beautiful/ incredible borders ever! I count on you, Queen of borders! Can’t wait to see the final layout…

Denise says

Stack ‘n whacks are such fun! I’ve got one waiting to be quilted – dogs in rain outfits with umbrellas which led to some really funny blocks – dog ears spinning in circles or just boots. 🙂

Mary says

It’s still empty! Hopefully, I’ll get some string blocks I’m working on up there this week.

Don’t you just love EQ? I don’t know why people quilt without it.

I love the combination. It will be another very pretty quilt.

I tried FMQ feathers for a current project and it turned out quite ok and so I am now encouraged to try it more often.