Finish #19

Got the binding added to this one.

It’s Starlight Path from Nine Patch Extravaganza.  It’s 81″ x 103″, and I’m keeping it.  I like it a lot!  Kinda weird since these surely aren’t the colors I’d usually use.  This is the quilt I wanted to bind in red but someone either used or lost 3 of the red binding strips.  The fabric is still available online but instead, I had plenty of the background fabric so I just made new binding using the background fabric.  It worked . . nothing purchased and a little more of the stash used!

Comments

Hi Judy,
    I’m glad you’re keeping this one. It really is special – I love it! The colours are not something I would normally choose either, but they work so well. I particularly like the flying geese in the border – I think I may copy that idea….if i may?!

Penny says

Ooh yes, that’s lovely and quite a restrained colour palette for you Judy.

I love that quilt too, and don’t you know that I didn’t buy Nine Patch Extravaganza when you were in Indy! Silly me!

Ronda K Beyer says

Beyond beautiful Judy… I love the colors, the design the quilting, fantastic Quilt…..

Melinda says

It’s a real beauty. I love how you turn simple blocks into such gorgeous quilts. I’d keep it too. But then, I’d keep all of your quilts!!!

Nancy says

Judy, the colors are so simple but work great together. There is something about red. I have seen it in so many older quilts and just love it.
    I like the border, I want to copy it and use it….. Great Job.
    Nancy

Yes, I would keep this one too…….. Great quilt. The Baptist Fan is my all time favorite quilt stencil.

Simply Stunning

All your quilts are wonderful, but this one is my colors and it’s gorgeous!!! I LOVE it. And for about the hundredth time, may I say that you are the most amazing quilter!! I stand in awe.

Beautiful quilts. I am so jealous Judy. I want to be just like you when I grow up – ha ha. Oh wait, I do believe I am older than you

Well, shoot, if you weren’t so keen on keeping it I would be putting in my dibbies! It’s gorgeous!

Cynthia H., El Cerrito, CA says

Which of the many possible methods do you use to construct the Flying Geese?