Stash Report – May 23, 2010

Nothing added and nothing to report as used.  I didn’t have much sewing time but what I did work on, the fabric had all been counted in last week’s report so my numbers haven’t changed.

Used this Week:  0 yards
Used year to Date: 285.50 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 148 yards
Net Used for 2010: 137.50 yards

Please share your stash report.

Comments

Gardening and rabbit chasing cuts into the sewing time! We better all play outside while we can, it’s either going to be so hot and buggy we won’t want to, or it’s going to be winter and we can’t!

I want to chase rabbits with Lori! I don’t have any excuses, other than when I work on shop samples I’m not busting my own stash even though I am sewing. Have a great week!

Working on another unfinished quilt top. I am moving pretty slowly through my stash, but am determined to keep going and , hopefully pick up the pace. I haven’t added any new fabric for awhile, wow!

It looks like the Stash report participation has gone way down. Anyways: Thanks for hosting! And have fun hunting rabbits… I only watch mommy duck and 2 ducklings walk by my house every day. And boy, can she give nasty looks in my direction;)

• 5.1

It’s way early in the day. Last week we had 40 which is great for this time of year. Last year at this time we were having 25 – 28 reporting so actually, the numbers are up. As long as there’s a few doing it, I’ll continue with the link box.

I’ve decided to post a stash report every other week.. since I have nothing dramatic to report. Eventually there will be a finish, I think.

I’d rather be chasing bunnies in the yard, but I need to finish the fabric wallet project for DS. I’m tired and in the evening I have been knitting on my socks. I sure am glad I don’t report my sock yarn — it hasn’t been a good week for the yarn stash. It will increase by four skeins this next week, with one I ordered coming next month. Grrrrr….it’s just too easy to get sock yarn w/o leaving the house!!

• 7.1

Aren’t you glad you have your knitting hobby so you can sit and relax in the evenings? You never know when there’s going to be a shortage of good yarn so keep on buying! 🙂

• says

If there is a shortage I think I know another sock knitter or two that has a stash. I’m just doing my part to help keep a small business solvent!!! LOL

Life does tend to get in the way of sewing…DH, DD, and DGC all seem to get into the act. I am still working on leaving the blah/blues behind. Reporting sure helps me and noting that others have problems with growing stash helps lots.

Darlene S says

My stash report for May 23, 2010:

Used this Week: 0 yards
    Used year to Date: 47.75 yards
    Added this Week: 3 yards
    Added Year to Date: 39.25 yards
    Net Used for 2010: 8.5 yards

I am not proud of my numbers. I must stop going to sales!!!
    I’m working on a graduation quilt this week, so maybe next week my used yardage will get going in the right direction again. Dar 🙂

Denise says

Best laid plans for this stay at home quilting vacation keep getting changed. The first design wall post – after getting the blocks I wanted to work with on the wall – no Kona black which I need to finish them. On to post two – pulled out another project to set blocks together – oh the horror blocks are missing. Read the post and you’ll discover what I did with them. 🙂 So tonight will be spent appliquing replacements.