No matter how I looked at the two earlier sets of fabric, I wasn’t pleased with them. I switched the setting triangle fabric and made it the sashing fabric and added this fabric for the setting triangles.
It’s one of those ugly fabrics . . why did I buy this? . . kind of fabric, but I think it may work here.. Here it is in the stack of fabrics:
Since I only work in tone on tone fabrics, I usually do not scan or photograph my fabrics and import them into Electric Quilt. There are plenty similar fabrics in the EQ libraries that I can use and get a good enough idea of how my quilts will look. For this project, with the subtle tone and value changes making a big difference, I did photograph my quilts and import them into EQ and then plug those fabrics into the sketch. Here’s what I ended up with:
This is pretty much exactly the look I’m wanting. Just a very little bit of change in the setting triangles and sashing, though I think in reality, there will be a bit more change that it appears in this sketch. Now I can’t wait to get started.