My Weekend Sewing Plans have had a few interruptions. Knowing how things go around here, who’d thunk that would’ve happened? 🙂 Saturday morning I was up early and came downstairs and started cutting fabric. Didn’t want to make too much noise and awaken any grumpy men! 🙁 Vince got up and as you might imagine, he wanted to hit the road. Someone had told him about a house and some land for sale about 15 miles out of town so we headed out there. It was on a horrible bumpy dirt road and we gave up before ever getting to the house. Vince’s limit on a dirt road is about 1/4 mile and after almost 2 miles, he said . . no way! Didn’t care what the house looked like. So we went to a realtor in the next town up and Vince talked to them. They told him about a house they had just listed . . 40 acres, some fruit trees. Vince forgot to ask how far down a dirt road. We did find the place, it was very nice but it was probably 4 miles down a very bumpy dirt road.
You may be wondering if this land/house search will have any effect on my new kitchen plans. I’m wondering the same thing but have been afraid to ask.
The perfect land with the terribly not perfect house is still for sale. If the price gets right . . and it is getting there, we’ll get it and use the current house/cabin for a sewing room and build a house. The price is getting lower and I’m keeping my fingers crossed. Before we do buy anything, we’ll probably go to these people and make our horribly low offer just to see what happens. You never know. They just put way too much $$ into this place and it really has a one room type cabin on it. They did way too much expensive stuff for a one bedroom . . one room type building.
To make a long story shorter, we got lost twice . . on curvy, bumpy dirt roads. Note to self: stick GPS in the truck when looking for a house. A couple of times we didn’t even know what direction we were heading. We would not have made good pioneers!
But I did get some sewing done.
My goals were:
1. Finish quilting Kathy R.’s Memorial Day top. Done.
2. Load another Memorial Day top. Done! And, I quilted it too. This is Diana’s top. I’ll tell you more about this top later. And I have Kathy C.’s top loaded to quilt tomorrow.
3. Pull fabrics for Celebration of Freedom and make the center. Done.
4. Cut pieces for borders for Celebration of Freedom. Did not do! Still re-thinking some of the border pieces. You may notice I changed one of the fabrics in the center. I’m going to make some blocks and sashing and see how I feel about the border then.
5. Pull fabrics for Field of Clover top. Done.
6. Make borders for Field of Clover top. Didn’t do this. Decided to wait til I get Celebration of Freedom top done before starting another top.
How did you all do with your sewing this weekend?