Design Wall Monday – June 28, 2010

Kinda boring — just 75 little nine patches.  Actually there are 74 in this photo because one had fallen on the floor.  Even though this quilt will not e the colors I usually choose, I’m loving it and I think it will be perfect in the guest room!

What’s on your design wall?  Please share!  Quilters love looking at what everyone is working on.

Comments

That is a ton of nine patches!! Looking forward to seeing what it will be. The link I shared, even though a few weeks old, is still on my design wall. Some progress has been made and I have taken photos and hope to post them later this week.

You sure got lots of 9-patches – hopefully we’ll see how they end up in a quilt! I am still using some MDQ leftovers for 9P as well, but of course in a blue-red color scheme, but I am nowhere close to your count. Have a great Monday!

Thank you Judy for hosting these Great Mondays! I always look forward to coming home in the evening to see a long list of wonderful tops in the works. I can see you have a big start for another quilt top and look forward to seeing it evolve. Take Care.

That’s alot of 9 patches! Not boring at all!! My post shows the beginning of a little quilt that I have had to trim trim trim. Note to self: when making a rail fence, the 2 blocks have to be the same height AND width!

My design wall is covered with 4 different quilts right now but the black & white foundation paper pieced one is my favorite. First time to your sight- looking forward to following it. Thanks.

Diane says

just love 9-patches, thanks for hosting- always look forward to seeing what every one is working on!

I am so pleased I’ve finally got back to sewing again – and have something to show instead of just lurking and looking at what everyone else is doing. And what’s got me back to it? You have Judy – your blog (and the others) keep me interested – thank you!

I had to replace my SBS blocks on the wall to show off my “Aloha” blocks. The panel of applique looking blocks are only 5 3/4″ square so I immediately thought of Disappearing 9-patch. Yours look very small, what color sashing will you use? I am sure something to brighten them up…

I have some design floor and design wall action on my post 🙂

Loving your little 9 patches. They are such a friendly color.

I’ve tried doing lists and goals, and it never seems to last very long, although I find I get more done when I do it. I’ve long admired what you are able to accomplish in the space of a week, so maybe I should give the written goals thing another try.

Wow, that’s a bunch of little patches! I’m being lazy this week, and don’t have anything to share 🙂 I can’t wait to see what you do with all these!

Angie says

I like those blocks, Judy! Just my colors. I wish I had something on my design wall, but life, as you know, has gotten in the way. I did harvest some geranium seed from my outgoing garden and am willing to share them to anyone who would like some. Just go to http://tinyurl.com/285hzvr to see how you can get some. Fresh from this year’s garden.

Well off to finish ufo #12 -it needs binding and then maybe I’ll be ready to take a pic of it. It’s for a neonatal unit near us.