Design Wall Monday – July 5, 2010

My design wall doesn’t show much — just a bunch of quarter square triangles.  This was actually what was on my wall late last week.  I don’t have anything on the wall now since I just started a new quilt.

What’s on your wall? Everyone loves to see these design wall pictures so if you haven’t been joining us, grab the camera, take a shot of what’s on your wall (I know there’s something on there at some point during the week), talk about it on your blog and add a link here.

Comments

I like you wind mills are you fussy cutting the centers? I wish I had thought of that design when making Seporahs quilt. Have a great day,

Deb

I did a double take last week when I saw you posting about sewing all weekend. Your log cabin quilt on your quilt frame looks just like my project for this week. I’m trying to do something different with the border. I’m not liking the 9 patch idea. Shirley

Judy, I tried the recipe you posted a link for a few days ago… the steak and bleu cheese recipe? OMG… that was pure bliss!

Jay says

I’ve never quite ‘got’ the whole design wall thing. What’s it made of and how do your blocks stay on it?

• 4.1

Jay,

Mine is two yards of felt and the blocks cling to the felt so you can easily rearrange blocks when you are working. My kids used to throw blocks on the wall when they were ‘helping’ me and thought it was soooo fun to toss the blocks and see them stick. LOL

Susan Torrens says

My design wall is an old cork bulletin board that DH found in a dumpster many years ago. I covered it with flannel that was printed with 2 inch squares, after painting the frame. I’d love to have a larger one, but that is all the wall space I have in my basement studio.
    Most items just cling to the flannel, but I do use the occasional pin as well.

My Design wall at home is busy and so is my Design wall at Lynn’s where I sew every week, so you get two for one this week. Enjoy all the design walls and be inspired. Thanks again, Judy for having Design Wall Mondays to keep my camera busy charting progress on my UFO’s this year.

Can’t wait to see your border for this quilt!
    My design wall is a flannel backed table cloth tacked up over too glaring windows in my sewing space – which is the front entrance way to our home. It’s mine and I love it!

Angie says

I’m wondering what you’ll be making with those. I actually have fabric on my wall – LOL – yes, just uncut fabric – I’m aiming to be inspired to come up with a design for these fqs out of my comfort zone – since I’m such a non pastel person.

As my Grandma use to say – a day late and a dollar short. Here’s my design wall entry…. so many yellow squares cut and a bunch more to go!