Memorial Day Quilts Finished

Towards the end of last week, Thursday or Friday . . can’t remember, I made binding for the five Memorial Day Challenge quilts that have already been quilted.  By Saturday night, the binding had been sewn on all five quilts and I’m getting the machine stitching done to finish the binding.  I’d like to get a box of 4 or 5 (depending on how many I can stuff into a big box) off to Alycia this week.

If I get the wrong name with the wrong quilt, please let me know.

I believe this one was sent by Kathy C.  Finished and ready to go.

This one was sent by Becky H. from N.C.  Finished and ready to go!

Thanks again for the wonderful participation.  I’ll keep posting pictures as I get them finished.

Comments

Well done Judy for doing all this work for us, I am sure the quilts will be appreciated. I started another this morning for the English Quilts for Hero’s group.
    Diana

Pam says

Great work, Judy! Do you have a tutorial which shows how you put bindings on completely by machine? If not, would you consider doing so? Thank you.

OH my goodness….FIVE??!? You prepared binding for 5 quilts!?! It seems like such a huge task for me to bind ONE!! I congratulate myself all over the place when I bind ONE quilt!
    You’re amazing!

Jeanette Shous says

About processing tomatoes, etc. Have you ever run across a SQUEEZO Strainer? I have the metal version that I have used for years. http://www.homesteadhelpers.com/get_item_sqs_squeezo-strainer.htm

Strain tomatoes without cooking first. No peeling apples, etc. Remove berry seeds….

All my family come to borrow it from me.

Also have an item calld E-Z-Cut food and vegetable cutter. A beaut for cabbage cutting. Can’t find that one listed anymore. The one I have is also all metal parts.

I enjoy reading of all the things you do.

Jeanette

Sandy Gail (Sandra Neel Hutchins) says

Ohhhhhh, your previous blog look is back. It’s like going home again! Don’t know why I’m seeing the pink checks with the old black sewing machine and leghorn chicken but it just looks RIGHT!

Kathy B in TN says

Have to admit – I love seeing the “old” version of the blog back. Much easier on the eyes.

Every time I see one of those quilts I just marvel at how wonderful that pattern is! YOu are a great designer!!

Judy, you inspire me every day with your accomplishments. I hope you get exactly the kitchen you have dreamed. Don’t settle. Sell a quilt or something to get the money to do what you want.

Debby Hughey says

I’m so glad that you have brought the old look back. I’ve missed it like it was a longtime friend. I don’t think change is always a good thing. Welcome back!!!