August 1, 2010 Stash Report

Two backings or I’d have nothing to show for the week.  Better than nothing I suppose.  Last week, we had more stashbuster reports than we’ve had in a while.  Jump in any time.  If this is your first time to report with us, welcome.  There’s no commitment.  If you do a week or two and then drop out . . no big deal.  Join us any time you can.

Used this Week:  10.50 yards
Used year to Date: 386.75 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 148 yards
Net Used for 2010: 238.75 yards

Here’s the spreadsheet for what I worked on.

Please share your stash report:

Comments

I have been struggling to make a stash report every week, so I’m doing it monthly. Not brilliant for July but hopefully August will be better as I have no holidays booked!

Wow, almost 400 yards used! You’re doing great.

You haven’t posted any knitting lately. Have you been working on any knitting projects?

• 3.1

I don’t get much knitting time during gardening/canning season. I have a couple of finished pairs of socks I’ll post about tomorrow or the next day.

lynne says

Whar counts as “used” Judy — for example, I am doing the Ragggedy Ann BOM and have just pulled out 14 fat quarters from my stash but have only cut and used enough for first block.

So is my stash 14qtrs down ?

My goal this year is to use 100 yards. With this report I’m past 70. Woo hoo! Judy, thank you for providing inspiration and a forum. I think we each need to pat ourselves on the back for taking the journey together.

Wow! You really are doing great. How do you do it? With all the canning, gardening and cooking you do. I’m not sure you ever rest! Congratulations – I’m trying to catch up with you!

Denise says

No numbers to add to the stashreport but at least I got to some sewing yesterday – that’s progress.

I’m slowly working on getting rid of old stuff. If you count donated fabric and my used stuff, I’m over 155 yds 🙂

Darlene S says

Judy, great going!! I’m almost halfway to my goal for the year, but will have to hurry up and do better to make it. My week has been productive for working on my 3 projects, but nothing finished as of today, so no new numbers to report; but, watch out–soon I’ll have some “used” yardage to report. (At least I hope so)! 🙂 🙂
    Dar in Mo.

Nothing like moving house and all the decorating and packing & unpacking that comes with it to just nip all stashbusting in the bud. Luckily I also didn’t have time to buy any fabric…..