Peaches are in season here. There’s an orchard up near Stockton Lake and they come to our farmers’ market and their peaches are so good. We’ve been buying just enough to eat every Saturday. We had a few peaches that were getting too ripe so I used them to make a peach cake.
Since I used one of my smaller cake pans, I was able to make some mini-cakes too and sent those to work with Vince.
Chad isn’t a big fan of peaches so when I told him I was making a peach cake, he kinda turned up his nose. Then he said he’d taste it before making a final decision. I cut a piece, told him to taste it and if he didn’t like it, that would be my piece. He tasted it and loved it and cut himself a bigger piece!
Here’s the recipe:
2 sticks butter
2 cups granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2-3/4 cups all purpose flour (plus 1/4 cup)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups peaches, peeled, pitted and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a Bundt or tube pan and dust with granulated sugar.
2. Cream together butter and sugar til light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
3. Sift together the 2-3/4 cups flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into the creamed mixture.
4. Coat peaches with 1/4 cup flour. Stir into the batter but do not beat or over mix.
5. Pour into pan. Bake for one hour or until tester comes out clean. Allow to cool 10 minutes in pan. Turn onto wire rack to finish cooling. (Or, we served ours warm with Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream).