Design Wall Monday – August 16, 2010

Nothing on my design wall.  I sewed all of 5 minutes the entire week.  This week will be different!

Please tell me all of you have wonderful projects on your design wall.  I’m so looking forward to seeing what you’ve done this week.

Comments

Saw this pattern in my computer files and it just begged me to make it! Complete stashbuster! Got the top cut out and put together over the weekend!

Judy – I bet when you go through everyone’s design walls you’ll be inspired to get after it this week. I know I literally sat down at my machine this weekend just so that I would have something to post for this morning. Your DWM’s are such a blessing and have really helped to keep me on track!! thanks!

Sometimes life just interferes… or maybe it’s fate letting you know you need a break from sewing!

Not all weeks can be devoted to sewing, crafting, and quilting (unfortunately), but isn’t it great when they are?! I’m working on Christmas presents!

I haven’t sewn for pleasure this week, but have a couple of things I’m working on and WILL work on this week. I’ll post later today.

Not a surprise to see nothing after reading your stash report. It’s a good week though when everyone in a car that burns completely is safe and sound 🙂

On my design wall is a complete stash buster using vintage sheets as fabric. This could also be done using new fabric! It’s easy and using the instructions, there’s no paper to tear!

You had a week to never forget, and not in the best way. Sewing wasn’t the most important thing on your mind . I kept busy all week on other projects, but made these blocks on Saturday. I love the Quilt in a Day methods and had to try one I’d not tried before.

This is my first addition to your design wall Monday. It gives me motivation. It gives me motivation to post and go get busy! Thanks. I have enjoyed reading the other posts also. Have a great sewing day!

Susan Torrens says

If anyone was entitled to a low – sew week, it was you. I didn’t get much done, and I don’t even have an excuse!

Thanks for the Scrap Ahoy pattern, Judy. As you can see it turned out great. I tried to keep finding bright scraps and as I said on my post – made more scraps than I had before I started – LOL, but I do like the back.

Hope you have a quiltier week this time, and that’s a spiffy trunk Chad bought.