The Colors We Chose

Thanks for all the input on the dark or darker purple fabric.  I went with the purple Dimples fabric.  This isn’t a quilt I can show but because the block is turning out so pretty, I just had to share.

Don’t you love it?  The blues will be in some of the blocks . . just haven’t made those yet.

Comments

Darlene S says

Any quilt with purple in it is a WINNER in my book. Of course, you know I’m the “Purple Countess” around these parts! I love your block – purple and greens play very well together! Can’t wait to see the light blue mingled in with these others. Beautiful! Dar in MO

Becky R says

Purple and green – how can you go wrong. Another example of how useful the color wheel is. Nice block.

Deb Myers says

LOVE these colors together!! The block(s) are turning out great!! Must be that new Bernina of yours??? How goes it with the new girl??? Lovin’ her, are ‘ya?? (I’m just a smidgen jealous of your new aquisition, ok, make that insanely jealous~~ Lately, I’m lusting for a 430….) Bet you’re enjoying the heck outta that slick baby!! Enjoy!!!!!

Denise ~justquiltin says

Yes! Love it – the colors are fantastic. That’s one of my favorite blocks – I’ve got a project started using that block with just a little change to it. And congrats on your new sewing machine!

grace thorne says

judy, i LOVE those blocks, all i can think of is eggplants! really great color combos….off to lancaster in 2 days, can’t wait, wait, wait….

I love it, especially the green with the purple. I just finished designing my first ever quilt on EQ 6 – and posted the drawing on my blog so that I’d HAVE to actually make it (I’ve already ordered 18 yards of fabric … so it will get made) I have purple too, but baby blue draws the eye instead of the green in yours.