Out With the Old

Here’s one of the offending holes in the recliner.  That’s as far back as I was willing to pull the slipcover.  I wasn’t about to try to get it all back together again.

Here it is with the slipcover.

Terrible!  Ugly!  Not staying in my living room!  But I figured I’d do some sweet talking eventually and convince him that it had to go.  Yesterday, out of the clear blue, with no nudging from me, Vince said “Do you want to go buy a new recliner?”  Oh, yes!  I was upstairs and out the door before he could change his mind.  We went to one of the local furniture stores that has La-Z-Boys and Vince tried out a few.

Maybe . . maybe not.

Oh, yes!  This is it.  They delivered it the same day and Vince has a new recliner.  Chad is taking the old one back to the dorm and he’s as excited as Vince is.

That was way too easy!  I did find something in the furniture store that I wouldn’t mind having:

Zoey!  But, she wasn’t for sale.  She was so sweet and friendly.  I wouldn’t have minded bringing her home but Speck may have been just a bit upset.

Comments

Debbie says

That is a cute dog! Nice new recliner for Vince and nice old/new one for Chad. Life is good!

Judy, don’t you think that picture of the recliner all in its blue finery looks cartoonish? It looks like it has two eyes and a smirk? 🙂

Karen says

Zoey looks exactly like my Jill. Cutest, sweetest dogs. I see recliner shopping in my future too – and I hate the thought. I remember how long it took us last time to find the perfect recliner!

We did recliner shopping in December. It took us ALL day! And not once did we find a super cute little dog…..just annoying sales people. 😉
    Good job passing the chair along to Chad…it will continue to live it’s happy life. 🙂

Do you think that somehow in his mind, Vince let you get him a new recliner because he messed up with the soaker hose? Hahahahahaha

Enjoy! It’s always nice to have something new. When Ivy is finally completely housebroke, we will be getting new carpeting and possibly new furniture. Looking forward to it.

Sandy Gail (Sandra Neel Hutchins) says

I see a lovely possibility for a quilt pattern in that fabric on the old blue recliner!

carol c says

isnt that the sweetest find in the world! and oh, yes Vince love your new recliner-lol

wish I had known you all a few years ago, we got rid of 2 othose from DH;’s mom dying and hers were brand new, we had no room for them and I never use done in my life