Little Girl’s Quilt

Wednesday I got all the blocks made and rows together.  I had wanted to make it one row longer but even with the extra fabric, there wasn’t enough.  I’ll add borders and it will be fine.  I wanted it to be a size she can comfortably carry around with her.

I think I’m going to put a narrow dark pink border and then a bit wider aqua border.  The aqua is bright and happy and stands out and the pink will kinda stop the flow of the quilt.  My goal is to get the top done today, quilt and bind it over the weekend and get it in the mail Monday.  Last I heard, she was scheduled to have surgery (brain tumor) this morning.  Please pray for this little 7 year old girl, her family and the doctors treating her.

Comments

Elaine says

Oh my goodness! I can’t even imagine what that family is going thru. That poor little girl! She’s gonna really love that quilt and I sure hope her recovery is quick and complete. My prayers are with them.

PB from MN says

I pray that the surgeons and staff are very successful with the surgery and treatment.

Something I just saw on a quilt was a satin ribbon used as a flange between the binding and border. It looked lovely but also is very tactile as so many like rubbing the satin ribbon.

What a wonderful gift to wrap her in prayers.

I love the quilt Judy and the borders will be perfect. I’m praying for them this morning and you/your family are also in my prayer journal every day right now. blessings, marlene

Sandra Neel Hutchins says

The little girl is in my prayers. You chose just the right colors for this quilt. So glad to see the piggies in it!!! It will be bright and happy, yet soothing. Blessings to you for sharing with the little girl and her family.

quilterbee says

Judy,

You didn’t have to worry about your fabric choices because the quilt is wonderful. She is going to love it. Continued prayers for her and her family.

Kathy C says

The quilt is just delightful. I am always amazed at how well the DNP comes together. I am sure that it will be a well used ‘comfort’ quilt for that little girl.
    How nice of you to do that.